1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your underrated movies.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BluFish, Mar 17, 2016.

1. BluFish

BluFish Ardat-Yakshi Kickrighted Warteam Member

Well as the title of this thread suggests this is where you will be able to recommend some movies you think are underappreciated or have a low rating compared to what you would rate them.
    Seeing how I started this thread I will start this off with:
    [​IMG]

Snowpiercer, a movie with an appalling rating of only 7.0 on IMDb compared to some overrated movies (Taxi Driver comes to mind), this movie blew me away from start to finish.
    Made by the brilliant Joon Ho Bong, also know for Memories of Murders(on which I will discuss more another time ;) ), this is an very unique with an amazing message about humanity and society, and so different than your normal Hollywood movie.
    A definite watch for all people who love their movies a little different :) 10/10

OTe and ElementX like this.
  2. GammaDeltaII

GammaDeltaII RiddleBox Senior Admin

For some reason this film received a lot of negative reviews. Probably it's because the majority of people is simply too stupid too understand the plot. The ending is key :)

[​IMG]

BluFish likes this.
  3. BluFish

I feel the same way with this movie, people didn't get their normal banging them over the head with the plot ordeal so they didn't like it. Check it out when you have time :)

4. Bauer

Bauer Party Organizer Member Warteam Member

This one was made in portugal called "Contraluz" (in english: "Backlight") and it was the ifirst movie made by a portuguese director and starring in hollywood.

It has a very good message/meaning about life and every1 should see it in my opinion. (the movie is in english so u dont need any subs ).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1326238/

[​IMG]

Trailer

OTe, GammaDeltaII and BluFish like this.
  5. GammaDeltaII

I like the trailer. Definitely going to watch it, if I can find it. :)

Bauer and BluFish like this.
  6. BluFish

Already found it on an illegal downloading site, if you don't mind that ;)

7. GammaDeltaII

PM me :)

Trobon and Bauer like this.
  8. nhatlam1804

nhatlam1804 Guest

BluFish likes this.
  9. BluFish

[​IMG]

Memories of Murder: A crime mystery movie made by Joon Ho Bong (Snowpiercer), it resolves around two detectives trying to solve series of murders of young women. The movie depicts real murders that happened in 1986 in South Korea, and while it isn't underrated per se, I think that's it just doesn't get the attention it deserves. A definite watch: 9.5/10. (The ending floored me as well)

10. Bauer

Bauer Party Organizer Member Warteam Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299117/

[​IMG]

this movie is la verga xD..is about a kid learning how to be a player 1on1, by his smooth talking charming baddass mofo uncle.

Plot: After breaking up with his lover and boss, a smooth-talking man takes his teenaged nephew out on the town in search of sex.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    OTe likes this.
  11. BluFish

Bauer the thread reviver

Bauer likes this.
  12. Hybrid

Hybrid Banrighted Banrighted Warteam Member

I wish you were my uncle

Bauer and ElementX like this.
  13. Uriel

Uriel \\\ Night Watch /// Kickrighted Warteam Member Donator