• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's On Your Mind?

True.north

Banrighted
Banrighted
A f*****g day to remember! 3 car crashes in 4 hours, 4 dead people, seen a lot in my career, but today tops of as one of the worst ones! Thinking about the people who survived! Stay safe brothers and sister, please dont drink or use phones when you drive! You only have 1 life, cherish it!!!

[jc]VanDamme

Banrighted
Banrighted
A f*****g day to remember! 3 car crashes in 4 hours, 4 dead people, seen a lot in my career, but today tops of as one of the worst ones! Thinking about the people who survived! Stay safe brothers and sister, please dont drink or use phones when you drive! You only have 1 life, cherish it!!!
Holy crap, do you have proper after care (counselors etc...)? Serious question like!

True.north

Banrighted
Banrighted
Holy crap, do you have proper after care (counselors etc...)? Serious question like!
To be honest we do, but not many of use use that option! My counselor is nature, thats where i find my peace! I know a lot of guys go out after work, have a couple of beers, but we dont talk about it, we only talk about what can we do better or faster next time! A lot of firefighters have problems later in their lives, its like we have a place in our minds where we drop these toughts, but sooner or later they come out and bite you! A well known case was a couple ofg years ago when an ICE train had a crash in Germany and to date 5 of firefihters involved in rescue that day, had commited suicides

dOber

never sOber
Donator
Often, to amuse themselves, the men of the crew
Catch those great birds of the seas, the albatrosses,
lazy companions of the voyage, who follow
The ship that slips through bitter gulfs.

Hardly have they put them on the deck,
Than these kings of the skies, awkward and ashamed,
Piteously let their great white wings
Draggle like oars beside them.

This winged traveler, how weak he becomes and slack!
He who of late was so beautiful, how comical and ugly!
Someone teases his beak with a branding iron,
Another mimics, limping, the crippled flyer!

The Poet is like the prince of the clouds,
Haunting the tempest and laughing at the archer;
Exiled on earth amongst the shouting people,
His giant's wings hinder him from walking.

The Albatross — Geoffrey Wagner, Selected Poems of Charles Baudelaire (NY: Grove Press, 1974)