• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do u do in your real life ?

#41
Doing my master right now: industrial engineering and management (specialized on Production and logistic management) on the university in Enschede, Holland.

everest said:
Im studying dentistry / 2nd grade
My Girlfriend is also studying for dentist, she is in year 5 now of the 6 ;)
 
#44
HakunaRunner said:
everest said:
Im studying dentistry / 2nd grade
My Girlfriend is also studying for dentist, she is in year 5 now of the 6 ;)
thought everyone hates dentists :D , but i see u love a dentist :p , wish u success^^ , btw dentistry in our country and also neighbour countries is just 5 years.
 

Manic

Registered
#45
everest said:
HakunaRunner said:
everest said:
Im studying dentistry / 2nd grade
My Girlfriend is also studying for dentist, she is in year 5 now of the 6 ;)
thought everyone hates dentists :D , but i see u love a dentist :p , wish u success^^ , btw dentistry in our country and also neighbour countries is just 5 years.
I am 95% sure that in the UK you need to study for 7 years for dentistry (5 for degree; additional 2 for postgrad).
 
#46
Manic said:
everest said:
HakunaRunner said:
everest said:
Im studying dentistry / 2nd grade
My Girlfriend is also studying for dentist, she is in year 5 now of the 6 ;)
thought everyone hates dentists :D , but i see u love a dentist :p , wish u success^^ , btw dentistry in our country and also neighbour countries is just 5 years.
I am 95% sure that in the UK you need to study for 7 years for dentistry (5 for degree; additional 2 for postgrad).
what i was talking about was for the degree , its in my plans to study more for post grad. (either board or ...)
 

Manic

Registered
#47
everest said:
what i was talking about was for the degree , its in my plans to study more for post grad. (either board or ...)
Yeah, I included it because I think it is compulsory to do it if you want to end up practising it (I think), at least in the UK. Good luck anyway ;)
 

Warnaar80[NL]

Dodo
Retired Admin
Donator
#48
As Shujinko i'm a chef, but in a completly different restaurant.... Was'nt born a chef, i did 3 studies, it was my additional job. till i quit the 3rd studie. The chefs asked me to join their team, and i was happy to join them. The kitchen is the best place for me, it doesnt pay well, but wth.....dont care. I like it!
 

Manic

Registered
#49
Warnaar80[NL] said:
The kitchen is the best place for me, it doesnt pay well, but wth.....dont care. I like it!
Personally, I'd rather do something I'm happy in than spending my life earning more money but hating my job ;)
So +1 :D
 

PrOvokator

Slaps you silly
#50
Good chefs make a **** load of money, at least here. But you need to be very good. I know one that makes around the same money as my sister, who is highly educated and does some bigger things for a bank. Just depends how good are you compared to other people that work on same job.

You can make very good money in any department, you just have to be better than others, or have something specific which others don't. good luck
 

Thunder

Community Leader
Community Leader
Donator
#51
with the exeption of watching ponies. I work at a company called Ecolab. I'm operator of the liquid packaging lines. In my free time i also code stuff for a school (where teachers grade their students etc +- 1500 students each year)
 

Warnaar80[NL]

Dodo
Retired Admin
Donator
#52
PrOvokator said:
Good chefs make a ♥♥♥♥ load of money, at least here. But you need to be very good. I know one that makes around the same money as my sister, who is highly educated and does some bigger things for a bank. Just depends how good are you compared to other people that work on same job.

You can make very good money in any department, you just have to be better than others, or have something specific which others don't. good luck
I know Provo, but that isn't my ambition. Cooking isn't my passion and i don't like being busy with details. I like working with my hands, work hard and in a team. In the weekends there are 7 guys in the kitchen, 3 bartenders, 3 are dishwashing and 20 waitresses. Al young people (im one off the oldies) so its fun during and after the service!
 

PrOvokator

Slaps you silly
#53
@ Thunder , shame someone like you needs to work on a assembly line. Hope you turn this into full time on computer somehow, god knows you deserve it. At least later you will learn to appreciate a normal job, once you have it full time.

@ Warnaar, hey it is awesome you can afford to do what you like, nothing better than that.
 

Thunder

Community Leader
Community Leader
Donator
#54
@ Thunder , shame someone like you needs to work on a assembly line. Hope you turn this into full time on computer somehow, god knows you deserve it. At least later you will learn to appreciate a normal job, once you have it full time.
Actualy , i just need to keep stuff running , all is automatic just need to config stuff at startup or rebuild the line for other bottles. Somehow i like doing this though, no computer no worries and teasing the other people :p. Anyway maybe in the future who knows ^^
 
#56
No way Thunder!!! Ecolab??? We are obligate to work with their products (so in a way I donate you everyday) and they are some strong shitty chemicals.
I hope you dont wash those ponies with these products.


Provo you are wrong but very wrong... now days the game have changed...
I used to make more than I do now in my second year as a cook.
Depend where you are (country) which kind of restaurant and the erea its located. than I work in a fency pancy place so for a quarter of the ppl that Warnaar feed we earn the same... than many more things but doesnt matter.
 

Psycho

Troll master trolled by Admins
#57
during my work in bank ... i earn 8,500kn (1.200e) for a month ... my travel expencies are inclouded in my salery
 

Manic

Registered
#58
zlaja1987 said:
during my work in bank ... i earn 8,500kn (1.200e) for a month ... my travel expencies are inclouded in my salery
For my studies I pay £9000 a year (10700euros) just in student fees -.-
 

Psycho

Troll master trolled by Admins
#59
this is the bank I work in - http://www.societegenerale.com/en ... and for same job I do, in Paris they got payed 3,500e for month ... so u see ... in croatia 1,200e i A LOT of money ... normal salery is arround 500e ... so im happy with mine