• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The state of CoD4 SC

Vlado

Give respect,get respect
Banrighted
Donator
We can also make JFF League,we do that in past and got positive things with that
Its rlly fun,in that League,some us Noobmod guys play firts time on sc/hc servers.Also some sc/hc guys,play firts time on Noobmod servers

I suggest it before,but dont get support

If you intersed,can share more info about that

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
@Vlado I appreciate your ideas but this would be only temporary solution which requires a lot of effort from everyone and I dont think it would be possible to do it regularly. We had a lot of tries like this in the past on other servers.
Imo, solution has to be something permanent that requires as little as possible effort from members and it also has to keep at least this amount of players we got now on sc servers.

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
gametype sd map mp_crash
gametype war map mp_pipeline
gametype sd map mp_citystreets
gametype war map mp_crossfire
gametype dom map mp_vacant
gametype sd map mp_carentan
gametype sab map mp_convoy
gametype war map mp_broadcast
gametype sd map mp_backlot
gametype dom map mp_strike
gametype sab map mp_overgrown

What to remove here?

Vlado

Give respect,get respect
Banrighted
Donator
@Vlado I appreciate your ideas but this would be only temporary solution which requires a lot of effort from everyone and I dont think it would be possible to do it regularly. We had a lot of tries like this in the past on other servers.
Imo, solution has to be something permanent that requires as little as possible effort from members and it also has to keep at least this amount of players we got now on sc servers.
Us you wish...

dOber

never sOber
Donator
Hello there. I used to be playing only on serv3. I started playing pr0mod wars - which are my main gaming nights now - and so I started to play on the SC server now. I red carefully this thread and its a tough issue ...
Its true that an empty server dont attract players but also its so nice to be able to change server when a map/mode doesnt suit your own taste. And me too i'd rather play 2vs2 on a map/mod I enjoy playing rather that 10vs10 on wetwork (for exemple).
And, as it has been said, you can never please everyone....but thats is obvious.
>> Would it be possible to make a vote at the end of a map, like with zombies ?
I truly think that could be a nice option.
>> and also make the rotation change more often than usual (on HC its once every two months, in average, and that is too long imo).
>> then if decisions like these would make players more happy about the maps/mods being played, I guess then you could merge the servers. And try to have 1 HC and 1 SC, both filled with players.

@Blade you could argue that not enough people share their thoughts on rotations, or even on this very thread, but that is because many players dont even think of coming to the forum. Because they believe that "The Admins" are deciding everything and that whatever they could say dont matter. (or other reasons, like they are lazy to commit themselves to the community and just wait for changes to happen...).
>> maybe add a banner to attract people to come and share their opinions on the forum when its time to change rotation ?

Also, it's clear that seeing admins playing online is very important for the players community. and you are right, more members means more chance that one or many of them are online playing.

Last edited:

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
Thanks @dOber . Well, most of you guys want to keep 2 servers so I guess its too early to merge servers. We will keep that option as a last resort.

>> Would it be possible to make a vote at the end of a map, like with zombies ?
very similar to this :
You can do that with any other map but crash. Hell brakes loose
:D

I like the idea with banner.

Also, it's clear that seeing admins playing online is very important for the players community.
Very true.

Smokva

Banrighted
Banrighted
We can also make JFF League,we do that in past and got positive things with that
Its rlly fun,in that League,some us Noobmod guys play firts time on sc/hc servers.Also some sc/hc guys,play firts time on Noobmod servers

I suggest it before,but dont get support

If you intersed,can share more info about that
I like this idea, but as always, it needs someone to organize all of that and if someone wants to do it - why not. The only problem is that it didn't really work out well even when we had a full clan of playing people haha

Also, it's clear that seeing admins playing online is very important for the players community. and you are right, more members means more chance that one or many of them are online playing.
Exactly. Problem is that not many people are playing and even less are applying.

You can do that with any other map but crash. Hell brakes loose
Absolutely true haha. One way to please Server #2 ppl is to add Crash SnD x 2 so ppl don't have to wait for it for so long.

Agreed with Blade, more opinions and ideas are welcome too.

ElementX

Braindead
Game Admin
@UDieToday figured the server crashes because we use deathmachines and i figured it also has something to do with sentry turrets , so we reduced the number of turrets per player, but we are not sure if we can just take out the deathmachine. i need to test some crashy maps to see if they will go down with out the use of dms

Another idea could be to add the last killcam of a round/map for everyone to see, just to update the servers to more modern standards.
Expand the map rotation or at least change it more often, tiring to play crossfire sab all day long :D .
Create an incentive for more players to become regulars by rewarding them with special ranks that would allow them to call votes on maps/player kicks in case admin isn't there.
Add to vote for a specific map not just restart.
Adding some sort of xlrstats counter(hitboxes, weapons, scores, k/d etc) on the website would allow more players to visit this place and therefore apply to clan.
Fix the gamemode rules, time limit always ends HQ/DOM games way too early. Increase tdm score limit.
Add DM gamemode as a test in the rotation.

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
Another idea could be to add the last killcam of a round/map for everyone to see, just to update the servers to more modern standards.
I like it. But it probably requires mod.
Create an incentive for more players to become regulars by rewarding them with special ranks that would allow them to call votes on maps/player kicks in case admin isn't there.
If you kick a clean player, its a big deal. Also, there are regulars with a couple thousand hours of playtime and they have no clue about cheats. Everyone has to prove himself first by making ban requests on forum. Even if you are lvl1 JFF member, you still cant do voting so non members surely wont be able to do it.
Add to vote for a specific map not just restart.
We discussed that already.
Adding some sort of xlrstats counter(hitboxes, weapons, scores, k/d etc) on the website would allow more players to visit this place and therefore apply to clan.
http://stats.justforfun-gaming.com/
Fix the gamemode rules, time limit always ends HQ/DOM games way too early. Increase tdm score limit.
Some say its too long, others its to short.
Add DM gamemode as a test in the rotation.
Big clusterfuck but I would love to try it though.

I like it. But it probably requires mod.

If you kick a clean player, its a big deal. Also, there are regulars with a couple thousand hours of playtime and they have no clue about cheats. Everyone has to prove himself first by making ban requests on forum. Even if you are lvl1 JFF member, you still cant do voting so non members surely wont be able to do it.

We discussed that already.

http://stats.justforfun-gaming.com/
Some say its too long, others its to short.

Big clusterfuck but I would love to try it though.
1 - I believe it needs just a script, other servers have without any mods.
2 - I guess this game lacks competent players then. Whenever I play in JFF, there is usually one wallhacker with teleport lags, 10-20 score who goes completely incognito because he sucks and there is no admins or h1m1k who doesnt mind wasting time endlessly spectating them :D
4 - I had no clue there is stats o_O Turns out of all hits 70% I get on head or right arm. xD
5 - Way too short, a HQ/DOM/TDM game is like what? 10-15min? SD game is at least 20min. And SAB crossfire can go up to 1 hour with infinite draw rounds :D no team ever reaches score limit in HQ or DOM.

Smokva

Banrighted
Banrighted