• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The end of JustForFun

Thunder

Community Leader
Community Leader
Donator
Hello everyone,

This was a decision which wasn’t easy but seems to be for the best. After almost 10 years of JustForFun the time has come to close it once and forever. This community is one of the older cod communities out there and as a lot have died out after a couple of years.

Due to my time being limited there isn’t much development in the community anymore and if I get any time/energy to spend I just want to enjoy a game and not spend time dealing with coding/cheaters. The last time I noticed this was dealing with the last hacker who found a vulnerability in Call of Duty (All cod games have this issue). Also, I have made the addon server & client open source, but nobody sadly wanted to continue development on these parts.

Due the community size decisions take a long time (very slow response time on issues), everyone needs to be heard, so many opinions. The community donation has also dropped off the last 6 months, up to a point that the costs are barely covering the servers and licenses.

Let’s face it, the cod games we are hosting, are dying and new games don’t support community servers anymore. The old way we knew is slowly dying out.

I could hand out JustForFun to someone else but this just feels wrong. I have put so many hours in this community and I just want to let people remember JustForFun as great community with well stable servers and its unique addon.

People are welcome to start their own community and continue the legacy of JFF. I would like to ask to not use the JustForFun name or an anagram that is very alike. I wish you the most success to these people who would like to start hosting, and I hope you guys will enjoy it for another 10 years!

It has been a wonderful time! I amused myself a lot and I hope you guys did the same!

Here are the last practical things:
  • The servers stay open till 30/04/2019
  • The forums will be moved after that to a free webhosting service (read-only).
  • The domain will stay my property till 01/05/2020
  • After 01/03/2019 (last birthday of JFF) admins can promote everyone they want to.
  • Can someone make a topic with contact details of people, like Discord/Steam?

It has been an absolute pleasure lads!

Sincerely,

Wim

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Game Admin
Warteam Member
@WaRRirOzz we can finally give you membership in 2 weeks.

... and if there is a generous admin i could achieve my life goal. My dream position, hulk of jff.

Farewell lads, if our strive to become professional apex players doesnt consume every free hour we have you are still welcome to join us for cod4 scrims.

dOber

never sOber
Game Admin
Donator
Again, thanks a lot. Much sad, but much understandable.
See you guys on the Discord as every damn day. Let's keep playing wars/csgo and fapex together.
I will miss this forum tbh, but i'm glad to know we have options to keep spending time together.

Best wishes @Thunder for whatever you will do !

Last edited:

WaRRirOzz

Holla At Me yeah!
Hello everyone,

This was a decision which wasn’t easy but seems to be for the best. After almost 10 years of JustForFun the time has come to close it once and forever. This community is one of the older cod communities out there and as a lot have died out after a couple of years.

Due to my time being limited there isn’t much development in the community anymore and if I get any time/energy to spend I just want to enjoy a game and not spend time dealing with coding/cheaters. The last time I noticed this was dealing with the last hacker who found a vulnerability in Call of Duty (All cod games have this issue). Also, I have made the addon server & client open source, but nobody sadly wanted to continue development on these parts.

Due the community size decisions take a long time (very slow response time on issues), everyone needs to be heard, so many opinions. The community donation has also dropped off the last 6 months, up to a point that the costs are barely covering the servers and licenses.

Let’s face it, the cod games we are hosting, are dying and new games don’t support community servers anymore. The old way we knew is slowly dying out.

I could hand out JustForFun to someone else but this just feels wrong. I have put so many hours in this community and I just want to let people remember JustForFun as great community with well stable servers and its unique addon.

People are welcome to start their own community and continue the legacy of JFF. I would like to ask to not use the JustForFun name or an anagram that is very alike. I wish you the most success to these people who would like to start hosting, and I hope you guys will enjoy it for another 10 years!

It has been a wonderful time! I amused myself a lot and I hope you guys did the same!

Here are the last practical things:
  • The servers stay open till 30/04/2019
  • The forums will be moved after that to a free webhosting service (read-only).
  • The domain will stay my property till 01/05/2020
  • After 01/03/2019 (last birthday of JFF) admins can promote everyone they want to.
  • Can someone make a topic with contact details of people, like Discord/Steam?

It has been an absolute pleasure lads!

Sincerely,

Wim
im in tears right now... really.

Ardens

Arma Guy
Retired Admin
Being able to see this community grow and mature from (almost) start to finish was really fulfilling.

Huge thanks to the guys past and present who played a fundamental role in making JFF what it was.

Especially the big nub, @Thunder. We could never repay you for the countless hours you invested.

Good luck to all!

Ardens

REM

REMember
Game Admin
Donator
Well.. All good things come to an end. I have only been here for just over 2 years now but it has been one of the best experiences. I have met so many amazing people, made so many great friends, had countless hours of fun and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

It truly hurts reading this, and more so writing this. I will miss JFF so much it will always have a special place in my heart.

Thank you to everybody that has made JFF what it is today, without you I wouldn't have had those untold hours of fun and met all these wonderful people.

And of course thank you @Thunder for making this all happen, this was all because of you and I can't thank you enough.

kVN#

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
Well, I was speechless reading this. But I understand it.
I would like to thank you for creating this community and for taking care of it till now.
You did really well, taking us to this point.

Thank you for having me and for the opportunity to be a part of this great community. My daily cod nights will feel a bit lonely now..

I hope we can still stay in contact.