• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Suggestion

Well, i just came up with a good idea a day ago so i had to post it but i don't think it will be applied, i'am gonna begin this topic with a little story.. i had 3 of my friends who mostly play in the cod4 Hardcore server #3. They really enjoyed playing in it but they were being annoyed of this thing called server rotation , i was too btw and i think some of you had the same feeling so you know what i'm talking about.... i also noticed some players who type in !nm when the match ended to check out the next map and gamemode . but most of them leave when they notice that they won't gonna be in the map and game mode they wanted. i realised that some players will wait till their favorite map and gamemode came up and others join too late and this is the same problem me and my friends encountered :D. So, what if we just delete all the current cod4 servers (exept mods servers) and replace them with other stable and fixed servers with the same map and game mode which the player will know what map and gamemode he'll play in so there is no worries, and for the late joiners they won't have a problem about it. and yea i may suggest 5 servers :
Server #1 Hardcore TDM
Server #2 Hardcore SnD
Server #3 Normal TDM
Server #4 Normal SnD
Server #5 Hardcore with SERVER ROTATION ! :D
And the maps and gamemodes are based on the players favorite ones D

Last edited:

REM

REMember
Banrighted
Donator
We have map/game mode rotations because the game gets stale playing the same map and game mode over and over with little or no variety (even though currently rot gets changed every couple months maybe.) We can't cater everyone, some people are fine playing the same rot over and over and others (myself included) like a little variety. Though I do wish we had dedicated game mode servers >.<

We have map/game mode rotations because the game gets stale playing the same map and game mode over and over with little or no variety (even though currently rot gets changed every couple months maybe.) We can't cater everyone, some people are fine playing the same rot over and over and others (myself included) like a little variety. Though I do wish we had dedicated game mode servers >.<
Well we can change the map and gamemode every period or they can join the 5th server that i suggested recently

CmD

はい、私はルナです.
Game Admin
Donator
Movie Master
The whole point to having server rotations is to keep this ageing game having a little bit of something fresh. Some people hate crash, or creek, but love bog and strike. Others hate SnD. Having a various rotation is for something for everyone. Dedicating a specific server to just ONE mode/map just splits a shrinking community even more. Yes extremes will be happy with it, but then if only few people who like that play, then the server will die quickly. Just look at server #5. #4 Zombies is an exception due to being able to play it solo or as a group, and has been successful. I'm sure Element could tell you more.

Server #1 : 22 player SC
Server #2 : 28 player SC
Server #3 : 40 player HC
Server #4 : Zombies
Server #5 : 22 player HC (mostly used for private 1v1 or knife only etc games. Used to hold custom maps)
Server #6 : Noobmod Public

All have rotations changed ''regularly''. (with exception of #5, but that rarely gets much action any more. </3 )
Keeping it at one mode isn't going to help matters much, sometimes we get 40 players on #3, usually around 30 atm. #1 dies at night, #2 survives a bit later into the night. No point changing what's working.

'If it isn't broke, don't fix it'.

Suggestions are all welcomed though, this one however, I don't think will help overall; I could be wrong but that's just how I see it. Thanks for the time though

Meh now I'm sad after remembering when all servers were max populated, #5 seriously was the best ^-^

The whole point to having server rotations is to keep this ageing game having a little bit of something fresh. Some people hate crash, or creek, but love bog and strike. Others hate SnD. Having a various rotation is for something for everyone. Dedicating a specific server to just ONE mode/map just splits a shrinking community even more. Yes extremes will be happy with it, but then if only few people who like that play, then the server will die quickly. Just look at server #5. #4 Zombies is an exception due to being able to play it solo or as a group, and has been successful. I'm sure Element could tell you more.

I really agree with you about that, but don't you guys think that i wanna change the whole jff servers and set them as i like and prefer, or i wanna break them and distract you all. i don't want anyone to have suspecious about me. But i just made a suggestion to fix the problem i mentionned recently and you may find a good solution, even better than this one, yet i just said i don't think that this suggestion will be applied. The suggestion is not even supposed to get applied, but you may use it for something else, and i'll be proud if i have raised jff a single step. However what we are looking for is, we want to make jff Better and better :D

Last edited: