1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: BAN the grenade launcher

Discussion in 'Call of Duty World at War : Discussion' started by Thomas5020, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
?

Ban the nade launcher?

1. Yes

56.0%
  2. No

44.0%
  1. Fragdieb

Fragdieb Registered

I once did this for a server.
    The easiest way is to switch to a mod that allows it by itself (default game does not), but on the other hand, people would lose their ranks. So the only possibility keeping ranks is to use a bot. It's like an automated admin which runs on the same machine as the server and constantly analyzes the server log. It can react to lots of different events for example kills done with the GL and can then automatically kick the corresponding player.

Point 1. and 2. is not possible in the unmodded game.
    Point 3. is of course possible but not very comfortable.

ElementX likes this.
  2. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

Servers 1 and 2 would remain the same, we would make a 3rd server and let ppl chose. So, the little dildo on the barrel that has the same power as a c4 pack will remain the same on old servers. Give us ideas to create such server instead of telling us why a dildo is so good even though most players hate the crap out of it, its way overpowered, deal with it.

Fragdieb, lifeboy, CmD and 2 others like this.
  3. Fragdieb

Fragdieb Registered

May we understand this as a request for making suggestions for the rules/behaviour of an additional server? :D
    If so, I'd love to give my two cents but I think you should create a new dedicated thread for collecting suggestions, because it would not really fit the topic of this one and may quickly become huge... ;)

4. Fudoshin

Fudoshin Kickrighted Kickrighted

Is there a way to reduce gl's damage/damage area?
    Maybe if it caused less damage and had less damage area, people would use it less. Just saying :)

ElementX likes this.
  5. Unlucky

Unlucky Banrighted Banrighted

i dont know why but gl in cod5 is more annoying as compared to that in cod4 :S

OTe, lifeboy and ElementX like this.
  6. Fragdieb

Fragdieb Registered

Not without installing a mod which would cause ppl to lose their ranks etc. o_O

Fudoshin likes this.
  7. OTe

OTe WaW Section Banrighted Donator

Perhaps because in the modern wars the grenade launcher is much more usual and realistic, but the cod5 will not be more realistic, because in history i can not remember great GL battles. :)

lifeboy, Unlucky and ElementX like this.
  8. Hybrid

Hybrid Banrighted Banrighted Warteam Member

I got to agree with konzone in this one. Just because something is put into a game doesnt mean its good for the game. Counterstrike changed alot over the year. Gl in cod 5 is what the release version of r8 or cz is to csgo.

ElementX likes this.
  9. Fragdieb

Fragdieb Registered

In my opinion this is caused by the combination of GL with hardcore mode. The balancing of the weapons is based on softcore mode. A shotgun for example is almost useless in HC, you can use an SMG instead without mentionable drawbacks.
    The problem here is the possibility to almost instantly cause an explosion in a very wide range of distance. Explosions are very powerful in HC and grenades for example have the drawback that it always takes some seconds between attacker using the weapon and actual explosion.
    In SC GL is also strong but not that devastating. But I don't think anyone would like to switch to SC... :D

ElementX likes this.
  10. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

My opinion is that cod5 is one of the toughest games to play, not just in cod series, the single player is really tough to cross. So, in order to make the game more enjoyable to the less skilled players, they simply increased the gl damage with one of the patches (So says the wizard Konzone) cause it was the only "easy" solution with out altering the whole game. And who ever was the brain of that operation made a freaking mistake and probably added an extra figure to the gl damage and range. Someone should have its fingers snapped for all the frustrations it caused.

OTe likes this.
  11. Hybrid

Hybrid Banrighted Banrighted Warteam Member

looking at the vote and knowing jff:
    index.jpg
    Germans can relate

redzYe likes this.