• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Status Update Status Update 14.08.2017

Thunder

Community Leader
Community Leader
Donator
Hi Guys Another Status update:

• Removed Chatlog from Addon Client & Master Server
  • Removed Connectionlog from Addon Client & Master server
  • Reinstalled Jenkins @home server (welcome back automated builds again)
  • Updated Discord bot (Should expand it a bit more ?)
  • Fixed some issues with restarting war servers at CP
Have fun :)

CmD

うわああああああい!!!!
Banrighted
Donator
Just curious, but why the removal of chatlog/connectionlog?
Personally, I find it easier to use, and works when online cp doesn't sometimes. (and it's easier to copy n pasta imo :3 )

CmD

うわああああああい!!!!
Banrighted
Donator
http://forum.justforfun-gaming.com/threads/end-of-life-chat-log.21617

Mainly because of memory leaks in the master server. Is there anything i can improve cp with ?
Thanks, I missed this thread. If it was crashing the server, then that's a bigger priority to remove it than ease of access, so go ahead :3 (not that you need my permission though ;))

As for improvements, I don't know if its still the case, but when getting chatlog through addon, it would be up to date to the server right away, so for example if there was koncept and I missed a screenshot, I could get it through addon same time. But online seems to need to wait a day or so to be updated as it needs the late night database update right?

Also, as I mentioned above - it was a lot easier to get screenshots of text as the boxes could be clicked to blue up and down the chatlog to make it easier to identify what you wanted to highlight and then copy it, instead of going into mspaint to edit your highlights.

Also, the boxes/format of the cp meant it was easier to read than the large format of the webpage as webpage cp has large rows, font etc in comparison which makes it harder to find what you are looking for in a big back and forth conversation.

If any of what I said wasn't true, just correct me and I'll leave it at that. :)

CmD

うわああああああい!!!!
Banrighted
Donator
@Thunder
But online seems to need to wait a day or so to be updated
Still an issue, just now I connected to server, started spec - player is good enough to ban but they leave the game. With addon, I could go to connection log and get their ip right away, but I cannot do that with the web version as it has a severe delay. Any way to speed up web version?

OTe

WaW Section
Game Admin
Donator
Still an issue, just now I connected to server, started spec - player is good enough to ban but they leave the game. With addon, I could go to connection log and get their ip right away, but I cannot do that with the web version as it has a severe delay. Any way to speed up web version?
There is no delay at all, just rewriting the time "End Date" to the current time.

ElementX

Braindead
Game Admin
To me, the connection log end date is always 2h behind compared to actual time, which happens to be the forum time as well. I also think the same error happens on the wall of shame in the dates, date of the ban is always 2 hours early then the time of the last kick

wosss.jpg

GammaDeltaII

RiddleBox
Senior Admin
The automatically selected time is UTC, but if you change it, it'll show everything just fine.

date of the ban is always 2 hours early then the time of the last kick
Not always. There are also a lot of bans of which the times are shown correctly. I noticed I made one ban through the CP and one through the add-on. Banning through the add-on gave the right time and banning through the CP gave this two-hour discrepancy. So, probably the CP uses UTC time (just like the forum) and the add-on correctly uses server time (UTC+2 currently).

Thunder

Community Leader
Community Leader
Donator
The Timezone issue is been resolved. The PHP configuration was running on UTC time instead of the normal timezone we use.
Also the template framework of the CP was causing some issues not allowing the timezone beeing changed easely.