• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Spawn Protection

DeNiro

Registered
I like the idea of this and i appreciate it, though i have an idea:
instead of teleporting you to different spawn, is there any way to cancel damage that happens on the first 3 seconds after you respawn?

Sammy

Game Admin
Game Admin
Warteam Member
Donator
It was done before, the biggest concern was when someone legit pushed to enemy spawn area and if a spawnprotected player is running in front of him, it will be the same as god mode for 3 seconds. The offensive player is now just exposed and protected player can kill him/her easy. Therefore a minor weapon disable was used, which unfortunately according to command, it takes quite a bit for the weapon to re-enable. How about just for TDM and Sab then @DeNiro and @John ? It would be hopefully be a bit more manageable for everyone involved. If you have any woes or improvements for it, please let me know on or before Friday evening as I will make what ever changes possible to fine tune the experience.

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
@Sammy If spawns that get most abused can be identified for each map, is it possible to exclude these spawns for certain game modes?

DeNiro

Registered
Most spawn trapped maps are Crossfire and Countdown i believe. Enabling the spawn protection only for SAB & TDM will do the trick for me, thanks for the comment!

Uriel

\\\ Night Watch ///
Warteam Member
Donator
OK, could someone explain me how our spawn protection is working now? JFF members are protected???

when I played yesterday I was constantly killed 1 sec after my spawn, by air, granade, luncher, and other bullets. But when I get in to the enemies spawn - I cant kill....

Uriel

\\\ Night Watch ///
Warteam Member
Donator
yeah I agree with Uriel spawnkill has begun to be a real problem it makes game bullshit its unplayable
No, no its not that what I mean.

I dont need any spawn protection, but I understand that some of players need it and I accept it.
i just need to know what are the rules of that - when its working, when its doesnt. Because I can't feel it on me and I see that on others