1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Connection Timed Out

Discussion in 'Call of Duty World at War : Discussion' started by Slam_Lyf, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

Main go-to server (Server #1 TDM), which I've been on for awhile. Suddenly appears non-existent in my Favorites tab. Try to connect manually, but then get the error above. Server Down again? Or Banned...???
    Side Note: This has suddenly happened with every server I try to connect to.

2. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

are you sure you are on the right forum for the right servers? And what is you in-game name?

3. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

For JFF Server #1 yeah. And in-game name is Death_Core...
    Thought that maybe it might be down, so I try other servers. Even servers that aren't JFF, they all yield same results... I've rebooted my router, and that's about all I can think of to do.

4. ElementX

man, this is cod5 ffs. i was looking for you in cod4. There are some major problems with cod5 servers atm. We dont know what caused the problem, possible info might be known tomorrow. All i can tell you is that there is no ban with your name or ip.

Slam_Lyf likes this.
  5. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

Damn, sorry about that. Forgot to specify. And CoD WaW servers have been going through alot of flack lately. So I guess everytime this happens, I should assume that... While I'm here. Idk if this has anything to do with this problem or not. But there have been a couple players (names which I can't remember now, cuz I've thought nothing of it). I just recall some in-game chat msgs popping up on screen that were basically asking to be kicked to quote-unquote "make it stop". Shortly after, mid-game, the whole server goes dead. o_O Weird. This was recently like just a couple days ago.

6. CmD

CmD Irren ist menschlich. Banrighted Donator

Any chance you could elaborate further? More info is always a boon to problems if you got it.

7. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

That's pretty much all I got. Just some dude typing in chat, saying something along the lines of "you have to kick me to make it stop" or something. At first glance, i thought it was just some butt-hurt player. Then, afterwards, the 'connection interruption' logo pops up. And the server crashes. Don't know if there's a trend there tbh... The servers have been fine all up until that happened, they just seem to be down more often. Also, there are alot random names in CoD servers, alot to keep track of. I vaguely remember the name being a bunch of gibberish. But I'm sorry, I can't recall a username.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  8. ElementX

ye, those guys get a ghost connection on the server, its a cod5 problem, the server sees you like you are connected but you actually arent, and ofc, it wont allow you to connect again saying duplicate q-port error. so if the server was running as it should, we would usually kick those players, each of those ghost connections take a slot in the server reducing the amount of possible players.

Slam_Lyf and __Aboody__ like this.
  9. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

Ahhhhh. So kicking them just to get them out of there. Kicking that doesn't do like, 3 strikes your out, then a ban...

10. ElementX

No, these ghost connections are game caused, player has nothing to do with them, well if his game crashed then he might get stuck on the server and take a slot, kicks are just to clear the slot, has nothing to do with bans. At least this is how we did it before the server got this problem. Right now there is nothing we can actually do, or very little we can do.

Slam_Lyf and OTe like this.
  11. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

So, since servers for me are blocked off, and not letting me in on my end. That means I'm in it, but not really, as of right now?
    If you see my name logged on the server, kick it, if you can. See if that might clear it up... Or is the problem more than just that, and with everyone?
    I go on the server's main page on GT, and I still see all kinds of people online.

12. ElementX

Slam_Lyf and __Aboody__ like this.
  13. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

That's actually the page I followed when first downloading the game. CoDWaWmp.exe wasn't ever corrupt when I got it. But I downloaded fixed version anyway, to try it out I guess.
    I do everything that anyone with the cracked version basically does. Launch Private Client Patch, launch game, press F3 (a couple times just for good measure), then find server, and join. I've added the servers in the Favorites tab, cuz it was more convenient. Never had a problem with it for the longest time, until now. It shows the IP, but just acts like the server is 'non-existent'... I've also tried connecting manually. I press (~), then </connect (IP)>. And it 'tries' to connect, but it says (Connecting to server... <wait time>), counts to 11, then crashes with that error popping up. Usually I give it a couple hours, but it's been like that all yesterday, and today. I've restarted my router multiple times, in case it was my end (plugs are still where they're supposed to be.) Also, it can't be my end, cuz I can connect to CoD4 servers just fine. Played a nice match a few hours ago. Man I've tried everything.

Note: I looked on all other JFF servers, cuz I wanted to see if I could try and connect to a different one. Went to a Hardcore server (#2 I think), but the IP was the exact same as the #1 server. Port number as well. (And I didn't mis-click, I went back and forth between server pages to make sure.) Weird. Still tried it. Copy/Pasted it, still gave me the same error.

P.S. Sorry for this wall of info.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  14. ElementX

this is servers ip, just to be sure > 176.9.54.140:28700
    server still works

Slam_Lyf likes this.
  15. Slam_Lyf

Slam_Lyf Registered

Ok, that worked. But... The address I was putting in was different. Just the port number, wasn't 28700. I was using the address that's right on the #1 server's main page, on GameTracker. Typo? And if it is a typo, they apparently put the exact same address and port number for all servers... From what I saw. :/
    Anyway, thanks for the help. That fixed it.

ElementX likes this.