1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server #4 Zombie

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare : Discussion' started by Nikolic, May 24, 2016.

1. Uriel

Uriel \\\ Night Watch /// Kickrighted Warteam Member Donator

So any1 know why???

2. BluFish

BluFish Ardat-Yakshi Member Warteam Member

You can't enter JFF servers with your tag on without having the addon open. The only reason you were able to do so in the zombie server so far is because addon was not workin properly there

Uriel likes this.
  3. Dinkleberg

Dinkleberg Registered

hmmm maybe but the rounds where the lights go out and turrets are jammed are x10 times better than the other levels, same with the hardcore spawning rounds at the end of some of the games. if there was more of these included in the 22 waves it would keep it more fun, at least for me anyways

ElementX likes this.
  4. Uriel

ok, that make sence now :)

BluFish likes this.
  5. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

guys, the last zombie wave is out - 9 finale

6. GammaDeltaII

GammaDeltaII RiddleBox Game Admin

Do you mean this?
    Code:
    loadAbilityStats()
    {
        level.special["fake_death"]["recharge_time"] = 55;
        level.special["fake_death"]["duration"] = 15;

level.special["rampage"]["recharge_time"] = 50;
        level.special["rampage"]["duration"] = 15;

level.special["aura"]["recharge_time"] = 60;
        level.special["aura"]["duration"] = 20;

level.special["invincible"]["recharge_time"] = 60;
        level.special["invincible"]["duration"] = 20;

level.special["escape"]["recharge_time"] = 40;
        level.special["escape"]["duration"] = 10;

level.special["ammo"]["recharge_time"] = 75;
        level.special["augmentation"]["recharge_time"] = 1;

level.special["medkit"]["recharge_time"] = 60;

level.special["monkey_bomb"]["recharge_time"] = 65;

level.special_quickescape_duration = 6;
        level.special_quickescape_intermission = 15;
        level.special_stealthmove_intermission = 10;
    }
    Btw, that village map is actually not the first map in the rotation. It starts with that map, because gametype_fix.cfg is executed upon (re)starting the server:
    Code:
    // To ensure that the server starts with the correct gamemode, please modify "mp_surv_village" below with a VALID survival map on your server!
    set vstr1 "set g_gametype surv;killserver;map mp_surv_village"

vstr vstr1
    Can't think of a way to randomize it at the moment, but if there's an admin online, he can just change the map using the rcon.

7. Bogi

Bogi Member Member

@GammaDeltaII Kinda, the main issue is that when a medic or an engineer dies, he has to wait the full 1min/1min 15sec, we'd like to half that, since on boss waves it can be really annoying, and i think it's too big of a punishment honestly... I'm not sure that's possible....

And for the map, u could write up a simple script that will search for the string and replace it with a new random map, just make it run 2 mins after the server was killed/restarted.

CmD likes this.
  8. GammaDeltaII

@Bogi, I think it should be possible by modifying the _players.gsc script. I had a quick look. There is a function revive() which, through loadClassAbilities() and several other functions, eventually calls restoreKit() and restoreAmmobox() (from _abilities.gsc) in case of a medic and engineer, respectively. Those functions reset the timer to the recharge_time defined by loadAbilityStats(). So, maybe it can be changed by adding something as follows, right after the line where loadClassAbilities() is called in the revive() function, to overwrite the timer when a player is revived:
    Code:
    self scripts\players\_abilities::loadClassAbilities(self.curClass); // This function reloads the abilities after being revived

// Add the following
    if (self.curClass=="medic") // If player is medic
    {
        self thread scripts\players\_abilities::restoreKit(level.special["medkit"]["recharge_time"]/2); // Restore medkit with half the recharge time
    }
    if (self.curClass=="engineer") // If player is engineer
    {
        self thread scripts\players\_abilities::restoreAmmobox(level.special["ammo"]["recharge_time"]/2); // Restore ammobox with half recharge time
    }

Not tested, because I obviously cannot revive myself :p

About the random map, running a script to change that string won't do much, since that config file is only executed when (re)starting the server (or is that not what you meant?). I tried some similar things to load a random map after server initialization (modified _server.gsc), but it is not as straightforward as I thought.

9. PrOvokator

PrOvokator Slaps you silly

You mean the last wave after the boss, the EPIC wave is out? Don't like it one bit, that wave was the only properly challenging wave. Soon we will have ponies running around instead of zombies, come on. Yesterday I almost assigned my movement on right mouse and left shooting, so I can smoke with my left, because there was almost no reason to panic. Reduce the number of waves, because 2-2.5 hours for a single map with little/none challenge is boring.

10. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

cant go through a map with out a crash, maybe we should make less waves and try it like that, and pls put last wave back in

PrOvokator, Trobon and CmD like this.
  11. Uriel

yea, 21 waves are to much :/ and its quickly getting bored. :confused:

I think one wave of each type of zobies its enough (+1 random), price increase before w-8, boss and last wave THE FINALE

set surv_waves "0;1;2;3;4;5;6;20;8;?;7;9" //<--- 9 waves, 10th the Boss, 11th the Finale and the next map after...

Rotio Zombie per player are ok - i think :cool:

Still missing extra points for late players

Plz dont F*$%^&up the Enginer :p:p:p but try to reduce that timing :( (I dying to much and too often:p)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    CmD likes this.
  12. PrOvokator

PrOvokator Slaps you silly

I wouldn't agree with Uriel regarding points for late joiners, the points are plenty. Hell, to me it was enough as it was. Waves shouldn't be more than 15.

Also, if it is possible, to install more waves with random spawning, as soon as they come from a certain place it is too easy when there are more players online. I assume you can't put certain waves according to how many players are online? If you can, I would put 2 waves with random spawns, then 1 wave with fixed spawns, repeat. Only challenge is when they spawn all over the place.

CmD likes this.
  13. Unlucky

Unlucky Banrighted Banrighted

can we do something with these maps crashing :mad:

14. Vlado

Vlado Give respect,get respect Kickrighted Warteam Member Donator

Server crashed

Stuck on map Springfield

15. Vlado

Any chance to put map killhouse on rotu server?
    Its great small and hard map

Thanks

16. BluFish

BluFish Ardat-Yakshi Member Warteam Member

Unless it was removed, it's already in the rotation

17. Thunder

Thunder Community Leader Community Leader Donator

Didnt removed it, tho mod seems a bit buggy tho :(

Vlado likes this.
  18. Vlado

Nice nice,didnt saw it
    Saw shipment last night
    Server have some bugs,but its nice that he is on.have players alwayes,keep him up

19. SIPKODAR

SIPKODAR Ban Evasion hunter. Banrighted Warteam Member

Erm, right now, server crashed. I don't know if it is related to changes in config, or the mod itself is bugged, or maps are.
    Right now crashed: wave 14 (final), map: smurfs

20. GammaDeltaII

@Thunder Have you checked games_mp.log for errors? Maybe it shows what's wrong.