• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Server #3 Rotation Suggestions

Sammy

Game Admin
Game Admin
Warteam Member
Donator
SnD - Crash
Sab - Crossfire
War - Countdown
Dom - Chinatown
Sab - Ambush
Koth - Creek
SnD - Backlot
Dom - Bloc
War - Pipeline
Koth - Strike
Sab - Overgrown
SnD - Citystreets
War - Farm
Dom - Showdown

@Sammy
Any modifications to suggest for this? Rotation will be updated tonight.

BR3

Banrighted
Banrighted
Warteam Member
2 HQs are too much. You can change strike to sab and overgrown to dom. That would fit better. And showdown can be annoying with too many players. I think you can remove it. Here goes my modified rot:

SnD - Crash
Sab - Crossfire
Dom - Chinatown
War - Countdown
Koth - Creek
SnD - Backlot
Sab - Ambush
Dom - Citystreets
War - Pipeline
SnD - Broadcast
Sab - Strike
Dom - Overgrown
War - Farm

Sammy

Game Admin
Game Admin
Warteam Member
Donator
2 HQs are too much. You can change strike to sab and overgrown to dom. That would fit better. And showdown can be annoying with too many players. I think you can remove it. Here goes my modified rot:

SnD - Crash
Sab - Crossfire
Dom - Chinatown
War - Countdown
Koth - Creek
SnD - Backlot
Sab - Ambush
Dom - Citystreets
War - Pipeline
SnD - Broadcast
Sab - Strike
Dom - Overgrown
War - Farm
Dom - Overgrown => War - Overgrown
War - Farm => Dom - Bloc

dOber

never sOber
Donator

SnD - Crash
Sab - Crossfire
Dom - Chinatown
War - Countdown
Koth - Creek
SnD - Backlot
Sab - Ambush
Dom - Citystreets
War - Pipeline
SnD - Broadcast
Sab - Strike
Dom - Overgrown
War - Farm
What about switching mods between chinatown and backlot = Dom Backlot and SnD Chinatown ?? Long time we had no SD Chinatown...

(dont know if my input matters, but i just wanted to share :D )

shank

A friend in need is a friend indeed
Hello everyone,
I would like to show you my rotation for server 3 I hope you accept it.

S&D Map_Crash
TDM Map_backlot
Sab Map_Crossfire
S&D Map_Broadcast
Dom Map_Vacant
War Map_Citystreest(District)
Sab Map_Ambush
S&D Map_Chinatown
War Map_Overgrown
Sab Map_Strike

In the end, it is not my decision it is admins's decision and I respect it.

Thank you,
Qayed
Oii oii sabo bro I agree the structure of the map.does not seem to be boring

Sammy

Game Admin
Game Admin
Warteam Member
Donator
This rotation is the worst that i've played in recent times. Any others will be better than this.

Seriously, no offense, but it is like the passions of christ.
Please suggest a new rotation for the next month and your input if any on why it fits (if you'd like). Let's expand/tweak on the suggestion from then. Will add the final rotation and changes on the 1st if it's feasible :)

Andreasix

Andreasix
Donator
I would like to give my point of view on this, I've read some of the rotations, didn't go through all the 14 pages and they are pretty solid, anything that offers diversity I think is definitely worth putting in. However every single rotation feels repetitive after a while, I've been playing in those servers just for a few weeks and I can already know what map is going to be after this one, !sn gets old easily :p And that's perfectly fine, the only thing to prevent that is do change the rotation quite often. But in most of the cases I kinda see the same maps that please the public, you know, SnD Crash, Overgrown TDM , stuff like this. I was wondering if the admins are willing to break out of this regularity and do something different, how about TDM Crash and Overgrown SnD? Of course those maps are chosen for a reason, depending on the spawns , # of players, what the general public made of those maps throughout the years, especially the love for snd crash, personally I'd love to see this map in a crazy different mod, like domination!

So I'd like to create something a little bit different, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. Now depending on how much you're used to gametypes being distributed to certain maps this might seem odd for you so I will leave a semi-explanation for each line.

gametype war map mp_crash Like I mentioned before, wouldn't it be great to see this map in some other modes not just SnD?
gametype dm map mp_overgrown Haven't really seen FFA probably because the servers are usually populated so this mode would seem crazy, tho this map is gigantic and even with 20 players I think it would be manageable. Although indeed it's not recommended for most of the maps this is why it's present just once and on the biggest map imo.
gametype koth map mp_countdown Again, pretty big map, HQ is again not the most popular so giving it a big map, sometimes HQ could spawn in the middle and this turns into some king of king of the hill, which is quite funny!
gametype sd map mp_carentan So obviously this is a remake of the CoD1 map, although the reason I'm putting it here is because I've played Carentan CoD2 SnD so much time, and this map just fits perfectly. I remember plating the bomb on the tank's turret and most of the people failed to get there , thus it exploded, was pretty funny back then. I wouldn't really go for TDM or anything that has fast respawn because camping in the middle house it's just carnage, or at least in COD WW2 is.
gametype dom map mp_broadcast I've seen this before, we shall call it a fan's favorite
gametype war map mp_showdown Great map, haven't really seen in that often so why not.
gametype sab map mp_crossfire Again I believe this is present in the rotation, it's good, might just keep it there.
gametype sd map mp_backlot A fan favorite again.
gametype dom map mp_citystreets This I would say it's nice for domination each point can be easily defended thus making it hard to capture.
gametype war map mp_creek Kinda big map, for when server is most populated, a TDM I'd say fits the best.
gametype sab map mp_convoy Currently present as well, quite enjoyable.
gametype sd map mp_strike I've seen a lot of Domination Strike , not just on JFF servers but overall, why not change it a little with SnD? ( This is quite present on GameRanger Servers, I was surprised to see it's not that present on normal servers )
gametype dom map mp_vacant A small map, time for some fun, probably most of the people will focus on killing each other instead of capturing the points which would make for an ironical meme.

I'd say this breaks out a bit from the ordinary, again, I have not looked through all of the 14 pages or how many articles there might be about rotation overall, just giving out my opinion !

Cheers.

CmD

はい、私はルナです.
Game Admin
Donator
Movie Master
I would like to give my point of view on this, I've read some of the rotations, didn't go through all the 14 pages and they are pretty solid, anything that offers diversity I think is definitely worth putting in. However every single rotation feels repetitive after a while, I've been playing in those servers just for a few weeks and I can already know what map is going to be after this one, !sn gets old easily :p And that's perfectly fine, the only thing to prevent that is do change the rotation quite often. But in most of the cases I kinda see the same maps that please the public, you know, SnD Crash, Overgrown TDM , stuff like this. I was wondering if the admins are willing to break out of this regularity and do something different, how about TDM Crash and Overgrown SnD? Of course those maps are chosen for a reason, depending on the spawns , # of players, what the general public made of those maps throughout the years, especially the love for snd crash, personally I'd love to see this map in a crazy different mod, like domination!

So I'd like to create something a little bit different, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. Now depending on how much you're used to gametypes being distributed to certain maps this might seem odd for you so I will leave a semi-explanation for each line.

gametype war map mp_crash Like I mentioned before, wouldn't it be great to see this map in some other modes not just SnD?
gametype dm map mp_overgrown Haven't really seen FFA probably because the servers are usually populated so this mode would seem crazy, tho this map is gigantic and even with 20 players I think it would be manageable. Although indeed it's not recommended for most of the maps this is why it's present just once and on the biggest map imo.
gametype koth map mp_countdown Again, pretty big map, HQ is again not the most popular so giving it a big map, sometimes HQ could spawn in the middle and this turns into some king of king of the hill, which is quite funny!
gametype sd map mp_carentan So obviously this is a remake of the CoD1 map, although the reason I'm putting it here is because I've played Carentan CoD2 SnD so much time, and this map just fits perfectly. I remember plating the bomb on the tank's turret and most of the people failed to get there , thus it exploded, was pretty funny back then. I wouldn't really go for TDM or anything that has fast respawn because camping in the middle house it's just carnage, or at least in COD WW2 is.
gametype dom map mp_broadcast I've seen this before, we shall call it a fan's favorite
gametype war map mp_showdown Great map, haven't really seen in that often so why not.
gametype sab map mp_crossfire Again I believe this is present in the rotation, it's good, might just keep it there.
gametype dom map mp_citystreets This I would say it's nice for domination each point can be easily defended thus making it hard to capture.
gametype war map mp_creek Kinda big map, for when server is most populated, a TDM I'd say fits the best.
gametype sd map mp_strike I've seen a lot of Domination Strike , not just on JFF servers but overall, why not change it a little with SnD? ( This is quite present on GameRanger Servers, I was surprised to see it's not that present on normal servers )
gametype dom map mp_vacant A small map, time for some fun, probably most of the people will focus on killing each other instead of capturing the points which would make for an ironical meme.

I'd say this breaks out a bit from the ordinary, again, I have not looked through all of the 14 pages or how many articles there might be about rotation overall, just giving out my opinion !

Cheers.
Nice ideas, thanks for the input, but I think I'll try and explain some of the choices. (Personal opinion)

Overall, as a server we need players to keep coming here to make it viable, that's the whole reason we have it - is to get people to play here and to have some fun! But the times where we get the most players , are with certain maps and so we have to keep them in because of their popularity and it helps keep server numbers up. Eg Crash SnD, and Crossfire Sab. Servers are usually full when these maps are on, then lose ~6-10 players after they switch (ish, just estimates). So need to keep numbers, some things have to stay. But I do like adding more modes, don't get me wrong, but some things do need to stay in rotations, purely for keeping numbers up.

Stuck my thoughts in red:
broadcast is actually a map that all modes seem to work well with, so go for it :)
Small map for 40~ people, so it is chaos, but this does see some play. At least it's not shipment
Staple map, can't not, but sometimes TDM or SnD can be added in as well as normal SAB, nice change.
Not really a staple, can be switched but snd probably the best mode for it
Dom & TDM
We had creek a few times in TDM, while I personally don't mind it, it really is an unbalanced map especially on TDM, and very hated. HQ is usually a better call as it helps move the spawns around the map, which DOM and TDM don't really do, as Spetz just camp the hill, spawn trapping the SAS. Very onesided
it's an iffy map, sometimes popular, sometimes not. nice once and a while
Again, this changes depending on rot, it's usually Sab. It's a little big for SND seeing as there are always campers the refuse to move on this map, and annoys people when waiting if they die early to spawn shots. Best to keep to something that people can respawn to on a server with large numbers of people. On a smaller population server, it's fine for SND where it's a great mode, but I don't think so for larger numbers.
yeahhh it's been done a few times, whoever has RPD, deep pen and extra ammo and can get to a spawn spot first wins. You just can't escape point A (usually). But it's nice off and on for the chaos :p

BUT, as I said, nice shout out so thanks for the message, if you come up with a rot combining peoples ideas, please put it in this format without comments
(we are lazy)
gametype sd map mp_crash
gametype war map mp_overgrown
gametype dom map mp_pipeline
gametype sd map mp_carentan
gametype sab map mp_crossfire
gametype koth map mp_farm
gametype war map mp_bloc
gametype sd map mp_broadcast
gametype sab map mp_convoy
gametype dom map mp_citystreets
gametype sd map mp_backlot
gametype sab map mp_strike
gametype war map mp_countdown
and it should be easily implemented next rotation (provided some minor modifications) :)

PhOenix

BOOBs Lover
Banrighted
set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation
"gametype war map mp_broadcast
gametype sd map mp_crash
gametype dom map mp_backlot
gametype war map mp_cargoship
gametype sd map mp_strike
gametype koth map mp_carentan
gametype war map mp_crossfire
gametype sd map mp_citystreets
gametype sab map mp_overgrown"
@Sammy

dOber

never sOber
Donator
Hello ladies !
Here is a proposal for next rot :

SnD - Chinatown
Sab - Strike
Dom - Citystreets
War - Pipeline
Koth - Creek
SnD - Crash
Sab - Crossfire
Dom - Overgrown
War - Countdown
Dom - Citystreets
Koth - Vacant
SnD - Broadcast
Sab - Farm
Dom - Downpour
War - Bog

GammaDeltaII

RiddleBox
Senior Admin
Alright, I tried to combine some suggestions. How about this?

Code:
gametype koth map mp_crash       // Something different, in addition to sd
gametype dom map mp_broadcast
gametype war map mp_showdown     // Chaos on request
gametype sab map mp_citystreets  // Why not?
gametype sd map mp_crash
gametype war map mp_bog          // Kill streak chaos
gametype sab map mp_overgrown
gametype sd map mp_crossfire     // In addition to sab
gametype war map mp_farm
gametype sd map mp_vacant
gametype dom map mp_strike
gametype war map mp_bloc

dOber

never sOber
Donator
Alright, I tried to combine some suggestions. How about this?

Code:
gametype koth map mp_crash       // Something different, in addition to sd
gametype dom map mp_broadcast
gametype war map mp_showdown     // Chaos on request
gametype sab map mp_citystreets  // Why not?
gametype sd map mp_crash
gametype war map mp_bog          // Kill streak chaos
gametype sab map mp_overgrown
gametype sd map mp_crossfire     // In addition to sab
gametype war map mp_farm
gametype sd map mp_vacant
gametype dom map mp_strike
gametype war map mp_bloc
Nice one. Some new stuff !
Though, I would suggest :
- change Sab_Convoy to Koth ( something different as well, and we having this Sab Ambush on actual rotation and it is exhausting...imo...)
- switch mods of sd_vacant and dom_strike = sd_strike and dom_vacant

And finally I would suggest to change the rotation soon as many players seem to be bored playing the actual one ;)

Thanks JFF's !
#love