• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

!rules

kVN#

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
Hey guys, just thought I post this little suggestion, maybe you consider it a good idea...

The past few weeks a lot of people have been banned / kicked for glitching, insulting, non-English etc.
Even though they are "minor rules" as they haven't hacked or anything, rules are still rules..

The excuse mostly used is:
"I didn't know it was against the rules.."

Since there can't be an admin/member online 24 hours a day, I though maybe we could give it a Try and make the !Rules command open for everyone..
But not only that. When joining a server, you get welcomed on it by addon. Additionally addon could inform you that by typing !Rules you get listed all the server rules.

This way all player get informed how to check the rules. This way the excuse will be nullified..
I know that there still will be some people glitching, insulting etc., but I think it will lessen it..

Just a thought.

Thanks for reading :*

Trobon

Game Admin
Game Admin
Actually, all rules are getting repeatedly printed out by the server. (The yellow messages) But maybe we could actually give trusted members + donators the option to display all rules by using the !rules command.

The reason not everybody can use this command is to prevent massive spam btw.

kVN#

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
@Trobon
Didn't think about the spam fact actually. Good point there.
Would it be possible to program some cooldown? Like wait 2 minutes after using it again?

@ElementX
That is true, I am well aware of the fact that the rules we have are the most common ones. I just thought I would post this idea since sadly you can't expect common knowledge from some players. The past has proven that.

@Uriel
Yeah know that thread, always try to hint at it when people are asking about glitches. But thanks man :)

ElementX

Braindead
Game Admin
you can't expect common knowledge from some players
That is so true, but thats why we have the wall of shame > to educate such individuals. Some are fast learners and some are Ir0n Man. i have read the pm from our recently banned iron boy, asking me if he is allowed to join with another name and ip. It got me thinking that owning a gun might be a bad idea. :confused:

kVN#

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
That is so true, but thats why we have the wall of shame > to educate such individuals. Some are fast learners and some are Ir0n Man. i have read the pm from our recently banned iron boy, asking me if he is allowed to join with another name and ip. It got me thinking that owning a gun might be a bad idea. :confused:
Haha that is hilarious. Sometimes I wonder how people survived for so long...

Anyways, it was just an idea ;)

Ardens

Arma Guy
Retired Admin
Should make an area in the forum where registered forum members who are also regulars on the server can apply for an slightly enhanced rank allowing them to use commands like "!rules" and such. Obviously, applicants should know that misuse of their power will result in losing it immediately. Donators could be added to the list without applying if they wish to. Could be called the Watchdog or Officer rank. Just throwing ideas out, could bring in some additional donations.