• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question about the server rules

What is the correct way of handling contradictions among the admins for the non-specified rules?

• follow the group with the highest level admin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • follow the group when it's present

• follow the group saying it's allowed

• follow the group saying it's not allowed

• Total voters
Since there is a vague (not for most of you, but for me) rule(s), I want to ask what is the correct way of handling the following situation (which I fall into often). If there is a rule, which is not listed or specified, I first ask a few admins about it. I get two groups of admins, one saying it's allowed and one saying it's not allowed. What should I do:
- follow the group with the highest sum of admin level (group A has admins of 1, 2, 2 level and group B has admins of 4, 1 level, so I listen to the first group, unless it's equal, then I search for more opinions)
- follow the group with the highest number of admins (group A has 3 admins and group B has 1 admin, so I listen to the first group, unless it's equal, then I search for more opinions)
- follow the group with the highest level admin (group A has admin up to 4th level and group B has admin up to 3rd level, so I listen to the first group, unless it's equal, then I search for more opinions)
- follow the group when it's present (group A is active and B is missing, so I listen the first group, unless both groups are present, then I search for more opinions)
- follow the group saying it's allowed (group A says it's allowed and B says it's not allowed, so I listen the first group)
- follow the group saying it's not allowed (group A says it's not allowed and B says it's allowed, so I listen the first group)
- other.
This thread is only about the subjective rules (the one not listed or specified).
I will consider only the admin opinions and votes (since the players do not decide the rules).

REM

Who is レム‼?
Banrighted
Well although you said you'll only consider the admins opinions, I still want to (try) to answer.

If I was in this situation I would (unless specifically specified in the rules) default the action not being allowed, until I get clear conformation from (any admin). This way you don't take the risk of getting into trouble assuming that what you're doing is allowed when in fact it wasn't.

You should never have 2 different groups of admins saying the action is either allowed or not. They will all agree or disagree, otherwise whats the point of having rules if the admins can decide on their own which rules to follow and don't follow.

That's just my 2 cents. Like you said Get conformation from admins first if you don't understand the rule, or there is no current rule.

redzYe

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
Just for the notice..
Admins are only people with level 4+...kickrighted and banrighted people are just member with more privileges then normal members...

So if you are unsure about a rule, ask any member of JFF if you get different opinions please contact an actual admin (green and yellow colored names) (stay away from the guys with red names..kinda scary guys with the desire to collect nudes...)

We are talking about rules. For me it seems like you are trying to play us against each other since you start to ask 20 people just to get different answer..

Also what is this about? Glitching?
I don't know any other rule this would apply to..

Trappz

Probably plays for WarTeam
Just for the notice..
Admins are only people with level 4+...kickrighted and banrighted people are just member with more privileges then normal members...

So if you are unsure about a rule, ask any member of JFF if you get different opinions please contact an actual admin (green and yellow colored names) (stay away from the guys with red names..kinda scary guys with the desire to collect nudes...)

We are talking about rules. For me it seems like you are trying to play us against each other since you start to ask 20 people just to get different answer..

Also what is this about? Glitching?
I don't know any other rule this would apply to..

He was asking me in game where to post something like this, I said just ask me rather than posting on the forums and spamming it with a question which someone in the server (Admins/Members) could answer, but he seemed to of ignored me and said I will post it in the cod 4 section and not ask me in game.

It is getting a tad annoying as, as a member I can answer the question or Zaid of could if he disagreed with me, but he said he wanted to ask all the admins, and all the admins need to answer it, not just one. I don't know anymore, I tried to help him but I get ignored.

Lyzone

Meme Elite - BETA Squad Commander
Warteam Member
First of all, can you explain what is your problem ? Why were you punished and what exactly are you trying to reason with ?

Personally, from what I've gathered in the last thread, I think hyb said you steal meep's name.

Hyb : "Next time i see you with the name Meep i will ban you for a week or 2. getting kicked dozens of times by multiple members should make you learn, but you are not willing to learn unless it gets written as a rule. "

I assume he punished you (or someone else) and then you get butthurt about it... because its not a written "rule" and some admins "dont care about it".
Not everything has to be written down for you to know its the wrong thing to do.

As for the poll, I would just tell you this - Just listen to the admin talking directly to you.

Every person with banrights/kickrights is trusted and allowed to make decisions based on common sense. Just listen to them, if they tell you don't do it, then just don't. They are not trying to hold a grudge against you e.t.c.

You would never get kicked for using some weapon, or camping e.t.c. on JFF but you can get kicked if you intentionally go to specs to avoid deaths like you sometimes do, it's a cheap and dirty thing to do and goes against the nature of the server. It's called Just for fun, it's not fun if someone does that kind of cheap dirty sh*t and you might just run into an admin that calls you out for it.

In all my time playing on JFF I've never had all these problems you are having here so I dunno, it's as if you are trying to find some loopholes to justify your actions.

REM

Who is レム‼?
Banrighted
He was asking me in game where to post something like this, I said just ask me rather than posting on the forums and spamming it with a question which someone in the server (Admins/Members) could answer, but he seemed to of ignored me and said I will post it in the cod 4 section and not ask me in game.

It is getting a tad annoying as, as a member I can answer the question or Zaid of could if he disagreed with me, but he said he wanted to ask all the admins, and all the admins need to answer it, not just one. I don't know anymore, I tried to help him but I get ignored.
Some people are just ignorant.. Nothing you can do about it. He'll figure it out I'm sure.

ElementX

Braindead
Game Admin
Name, follow me and you will live forever! But dude, come on, why are you being so specific (about admins to listen too)? We tried to fix all the problems on our servers, and for some reason or another, this is how it is atm, balancing sucks in cod4, actually, for something to suck it should work a bit in the first place. For glitches, we have the thread that covers most of them. Anything in the gray area is decided by current active member, not just admins. Will those opinions differ, ye, they will, even among 2 greens or 2 yellows. So, just go by the will of the active member. If you do have a specific problem, run it by us on forum and see what we will agree on.

Asking us to tell you who you should listen too about some problem we dont even know about is just pointless. Post about specific problem you are having or had, and then if you see members agree on the solution, then yee, problem solved, if they dont agree, well, look for the higher rank.

Be specific and you will get precise answer.

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
The problem with specific rules is that we have multiple games with multiple servers. Admins of cod2 have diffrent interests than admins on cod4.
Also admins on hc have diffrent interests than admins on sc.
The best way to avoid punishment is to treat the stuff as it was not allowed. If you feel like you have a disadvantage because other people use for example some kind of 'glitch' that is considerd harmless on 1 server but harmfull on another server you have 2 options: a) you ask the members to enforce the rule b) you use that spot as long as noone complains about it (If you get punished for it you can still discuss it on forum)