• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Picture thread !!

REM

REMember
Banrighted
Donator
Actually, the title of this picture is not correct. This picture does not show the atom itself but the shining circle around it, which is a lot bigger than the atom.
Gamma mode off.
Yeah after finding it on reddit I read some comments and you're right its not just a single atom
https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/7x4o27
"But we really need to clear things up, as people will mistakenly believe that dot is the size of an atom: it's a long exposure picture, which means there's a lot of photons from the atom hitting the camera sensor which in turn activates the pixel that we're seeing as the purple dot. In reality a single atom is much much smaller.
tl;dr: camera sensor pixel =! atom"

Still amazing to see :)

[jc]VanDamme

Banrighted
Banrighted
Simply put the optical resolution of visible EM radiation can not be seen by eye or cam from an atom! Without sophisticated counting devices!
Actually, the title of this picture is not correct. This picture does not show the atom itself but the shining circle around it, which is a lot bigger than the atom.
Gamma mode off.
I'm glad I didn't have to explain the physics or why this pic is BS! :p

Last edited:

REM

REMember
Banrighted
Donator
Got to go to a gun store today, there are some awesome guns I wish I could have shot.

Attachments