1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PB SS for all server's

Discussion in 'Suggestion Forum' started by Trappz, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Trappz

Trappz Member ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Member Warteam Member

Hey, I have been thinking, why don't we add PB SS to our server(s)? I am getting sick of hackers getting away with bs hackers who toggle off when a hacker comes, I know you can use a different name, but that is besides the point, we won't have to make demos anymore, yes we will need to go to 1.8 probably, but so what, it would help us a lot, I know there will be the "But you should be able to see it in demos" yes true you can, but it is really hard to spot a wall hacker in a demo, because there is so excuses they could use against us.

There is the side of the argument where you'd have to give out rcon access to people, which is fair, give it to the Game admins+ I'm not saying this should be a main way of detecting Wall Hackers but it's more of a second way, to prove they use hacks, there is a simple way we can make it this way, I don't know if there is anything that could stop this from happening @Thunder besides the 1.8 aspect, but think about it, a Member - whatever rcon isn't allowed for, should be able to request pbss from higher, or be given a command like !pbssall or something which allows us to detect Wall hackers through Screenshots.

There isn't really a downside to this, besides the second of lag, which won't effect anything if it taken once, but besides that, why not? It can help us even detect r_fullbright 1, and ban them for that, I think, it should be added, and would help us out a lot in the long run of things.

PS; This is but a simple suggestion I and a few others thought of, don't hate me for this if you think it's a bad idea, I won't <3

REM likes this.
  2. REM

REM 48 65 6c 6c 6f 21

Plz

3. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

pb wont even detect most of the cheats out there, that only works on 1.8. And we do not use pb on public servers cause, how many problems ppl had with p-mod punkbuster? every time someone new tries to enable pb he has to go through a whole process until he is able to play, Imagine that times 1000 on public servers. You would have to run a setup, update it, patch it, bla bla bla , its not like downloading a mod automatically

PhOenix and Trappz like this.
  4. Trappz

I see you, maybe something like that though, idk what server addons you can code/add but, us admins in general need a little bit more to help us out you know?

REM and ElementX like this.
  5. ElementX

Dont make me slap you! Us admins use all the help we need by asking other admins to lend a hand. Its watch and detect for you young man, /record and hope for the best, just like it was for the rest of us. Until an actual working program (it aint pb on 1.7) can be implemented its same old nerve shattering good old cheat detecting skill development. Quit you bitchin before i send you home with a ringing ear.

6. Trappz

Like I said, a simple suggestion.

Sorry for suggestion something that could help us

REM likes this.
  7. ElementX

Its ok, i forgive you. Except this cant help us, cause it doesnt work. If this worked, do you think we would still agree to this prison style lovemaking of recording demos and checking demos and askin for second or third opinion. Thun is not a sadist, if there was a way we would have used it by now. Some solutions might be in the making, the future might be bright for us prisoners of /record xxx command.

-Ho-Oh-, OTe, Gisbourne and 2 others like this.
  8. Thunder

Thunder Community Leader Community Leader Donator

I dont want to install 1.8 on our public server where addon is running on it. Their license says we need to make all coding related to the gameserver (addon in this case) open source and they can implement it in their coding at any time without asking. If we dont the server doesnt get listed in the master server list anymore.

Also i want to keep the junk to install before beeing able to play as minimum as possible. I know its easy to install 1.8, but for some people it can be messed up.

But yh its easyser to find cheaters with a simple screenshot. I guess this is admin meeting material ?

9. ElementX

1.8 will disable almost all cheats. well, cheats that are downloaded or separate programs so to say, so any "cheats" that will work are some more updated ones, or game related ones (console edits). still, i wonder if ppl will be willing to even install it. they might not know what they are installing at all.

Gisbourne likes this.