• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nicknames and tags

I have the following suggestions/questions about the CoD4 servers:
- should the players be allowed with tags of another teams, even if they are not part of this team (only confirmed by member of that team and the admin)
- should the nicknames of the players in the server be unique (no two or more players use the same nickname at the same time*0)
- should the nickname of the regular players be unique (no two or more players use the same nickname at the same time and/or any time*1)
- should be forbidden to use auto-assign from within the team (a player already joined a team, but use the auto-assign to change team when the other is losing or has less players*2)
- should be forbidden to go to spectators and back with auto-assign to change gun, get ammo or for any other reason (list which reasons are allowed and which are not*4)
- should the admins have to decide on their own if a warn/kick/ban or any other punishment is justified, without explicitly consult with the rest of the admins, state a rule or else (add if there is such clause and the predispositions of it)
*0 - same server too
*1 - as long as the player is regular
*2 - only using auto-assign, no manual change of team
*3 - like using it to surrender, gain grenades, rockets or anything similar, escape death, wait an air strike or helicopter

Gisbourne

Spanky
Game Admin
Donator
- should the players be allowed with tags of another teams, even if they are not part of this team (only confirmed by member of that team and the admin)
How come its not allowed? So, those RS. guys play regularly on our servers and we dont ban them?! O man, im triggered now, gonna go ban them on their own server for that serious thing!
- should the nickname of the regular players be unique (no two or more players use the same nickname at the same time and/or any time*1)
Who you call a regular player? I mean, how we could know this guy is regular and the other one not? Cmon lets put here another rule, and another one, and few more, just to make things harder, lets just do it! :rolleyes:
- should be forbidden to use auto-assign from within the team (a player already joined a team, but use the auto-assign to change team when the other is losing or has less players*2)
- should be forbidden to go to spectators and back with auto-assign to change gun, get ammo or for any other reason (list which reasons are allowed and which are not*4)
I dont even have idea if any of us knows how to check it. And im sure no one of us has any will to do it. I mean, with unbalanced teams/using auto assign there is one simple rule i told you above - use your brain! If teams are unbalanced > change teams, doesnt matter which button you use, if you are last in your team or first, just do it. The players on a server are the ones who organize a game for themselves in a matter of balancing - we are here to help it and get you a server clean of cheats. We wont be thinking for all the players, you wouldnt do it as well on our place.
- should the admins have to decide on their own if a warn/kick/ban or any other punishment is justified, without explicitly consult with the rest of the admins, state a rule or else (add if there is such clause and the predispositions of it)
But our members decide on their own, what does this point change? I mean, there are situations we are not sure about ban or kick, but i dont get it, you want us not to communicate? This point is useless and doesnt make sense.

On the first suggestion I didn't mean allowing tags at all, but 'stealing tags' of other teams, when it's confirmed by the same team and an admin. I do not advocate for more rules, but specifying the existing, if not all, just the one listed here. Does admins deciding on their own means that no matter what is the reason if admin say something is a rule, even if it's not listed as such, then it's a rule (even just for this time and space) and for which admin level this is valid (including banning where the discussion and introspect about the reasons is revealed in the unban topic if such follows the ban)?

Lyzone

Meme Elite - BETA Squad Commander
Warteam Member

• Too hard to keep track of, do you expect admins to remember all the tags and all the members of all the randoms "teams" that come to play on servers every now and then, and tbh who gives a shiet. This should only really matter if members explicitly ask admins to do something about the "tag stealer" . Enforcing such a rule would be really messy. Example : Tag stealer could accuse that you stole the tag and not him and then the admin has to guess n **** if he doesn't remember all the members of that particular team.

- should the nicknames of the players in the server be unique (no two or more players use the same nickname at the same time*0)

• I would like this idea, but I guess its just too much of a hassle to implement, since you would have to register nicknames somehow and keep a database e.t.c.
  • If you truly are a regular, you would know admins and if you ask them kindly they would get rid of the name stealer anyway since they would know who is the real one and who is not.

• People are already getting kicked for intentional unbalancing and are getting warned, so what is the problem ? When admins can they enforce the rules.

• Why wouldnt you be able to go to specs when you want to change guns ? And if you use auto-assign you wont unbalance anyway, since you would be put in team that needs you, not the one that just wins or loses to "cheat the unbalance" rules.

• Each member earned his rights through being active/trustful member, so they are trusted to act honestly and according to rules. Trust me, they don't just give out banrights here to any other schmuck, you earn everything. You don't need an admin meeting for every petty little ban or kick or warning. And if you feel like something was unjustified make an unban request or something and THEN your case gets reviewed by multiple people. I don't get whats your issue here. Currently the system works if you just follow common sense.

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
If someone steals your name and youre pissed about it -> consult a member. They can enforce the "always use common sense" and "Dont ruin other players game" rules.
Any specific regulations about it make it too complicated people could be abuse them anyways. Next time i see you with the name Meep i will ban you for a week or 2. getting kicked dozens of times by multiple members should make you learn, but you are not willing to learn unless it gets written as a rule. cmon, use your brain.

If someone steals your name and youre pissed about it -> consult a member. They can enforce the "always use common sense" and "Dont ruin other players game" rules.
Any specific regulations about it make it too complicated people could be abuse them anyways. Next time i see you with the name Meep i will ban you for a week or 2. getting kicked dozens of times by multiple members should make you learn, but you are not willing to learn unless it gets written as a rule. cmon, use your brain.
Noone warned or kicked me for this exact reason. Thanks to this topic I know understand that everything an admin say is a rule, because it falls under the cloak of "common sense". I have another question related to this for which I would open a separate topic.

Last edited:

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
I have the following suggestions/questions about the CoD4 servers:
Using auto-assign is always good imo, i do it all the time when i dont want to !put players (cuz its faster and im too lazy) and i dont really care if I will win in the end. There are situations when players leave one team and its very unbalanced, and often few of the best players in opposite team switch for balance, creating situation where winning team could actually lose match. Are you talking about this situations @name1993 ?

Trappz

Probably plays for WarTeam
Using auto-assign is always good imo, i do it all the time when i dont want to !put players (cuz its faster and im too lazy) and i dont really care if I will win in the end. There are situations when players leave one team and its very unbalanced, and often few of the best players in opposite team switch for balance, creating situation where winning team could actually lose match. Are you talking about this situations @name1993 ?
Using auto assign is good, but when people do it to not die from nades, or get a better score, it's ****, they say "I am using auto assign to balance" when they are top of the team? Like wtf?? They are using it as a excuse to, not die, get ammo or win and get a higher score...

kVN#

#4iS
Banrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
I can't even bother reading this unbalance stuff anymore...
Haven't seen so many crybabies in a long time...especially server #3...

People play 13 vs 11 and b!tch around "Omfg so unfair...unbalance.. Admin kick unbalancers.. .." all the time...

Now people complain about the leading players to switch like wtf?

What's with all the whining?
Get some tissues and grow some coconuts or go play tennis on your Nintendo wii

Trappz

I can't even bother reading this unbalance stuff anymore...
Haven't seen so many crybabies in a long time...especially server #3...

People play 13 vs 11 and b!tch around "Omfg so unfair...unbalance.. Admin kick unbalancers.. .." all the time...

Now people complain about the leading players to switch like wtf?

What's with all the whining?
Get some tissues and grow some coconuts or go play tennis on your Nintendo wii
Yeah I agree it is kinda stupid.

I think I might not reply to these types of things and only play for wars now, use random names and stuff in game.

kVN#

#4iS
Banrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
Yeah I agree it is kinda stupid.

I think I might not reply to these types of things and only play for wars now, use random names and stuff in game.
Wasn't directed towards you mate.
Only read the first post in this thread..

It's just that people cry about this unbalance stuff all the time instead of using some common sense..

Stupidity always gets me triggered..

Trappz

Wasn't directed towards you mate.
Only read the first post in this thread..

It's just that people cry about this unbalance stuff all the time instead of using some common sense..

Stupidity always gets me triggered..
Yeah I know it wasn't man :D I am speaking just in general