• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New game - suggestions

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
Games that we currently host are getting old and we need something fresh. There were some suggestions in the past but they are lost somewhere on countless pages of this forum ;).
Pick games that have solid playerbase and potential to grow.
Please make your suggestions.

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
Imo, our best shot would be if we try cs go. I know we used to have one but Im not really familiar with the game to know more. We also have a few members that play this game so they could help. I see there are casual and competitive game modes. We could do it casual. Most of the players have legit game so there is no need for cracked.
Can someone that is more into this matter give advice pls?

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
Noone plays the casual modes. If you want traffic on your servers you need to compete with all these modded warmup tdm/ aim arena 1v1 servers. Probably takes alot of effort to set up. If you do not provide 128 tick, you cant compete.

I guess the safest bet for a csgo server is using popular surf maps.

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
Noone plays the casual modes. If you want traffic on your servers you need to compete with all these modded warmup tdm/ aim arena 1v1 servers. Probably takes alot of effort to set up. If you do not provide 128 tick, you cant compete.

I guess the safest bet for a csgo server is using popular surf maps.
On english pls xD

JFF has primarily been a community with focus on the CoD series. Offering public servers with casual gameplay for the majority of the players, with a dedicated team of members and admins making sure the servers run as they are supposed to. Back in the days finding cod2 and cod4 servers that were actually tended to was a bit tricky. Most servers lacked active admins so if a cheater joined, you were best off to leave and find another server.

This was not the case with JFF servers, they always had admins and members making sure your experience at their servers was pleasant. Hence why JFF at the time always had full servers at most hours of the day.

Today things are a bit different. JFF has not added a new game in years, and the current servers are for games that are by all means past their expiration date. Cod2 is basically dead, and Cod4 is on the decline aswell. They are both good games but they are not attracting new players, and as a result JFF is loosing members. The member toll has almost been cut in half the past years. This is not necesarrily a bad thing, but If the trend follows - JFF will be pretty much dead in a few years.

Which brings us to the issue at hand, implementing new games. I personally have not played any CoD game since WaW, so I have literally no idea how the multiplayer for these game function. But my guess Is that multiplayer is largely built around Official servers, rather than servers made by the community. This Is the case with most games released today, atleast for first person shooter games. This ofcourse contradicts the core of JFF, wich have always been to host Its own servers run by the admins and members of that particular section.

Now I think that If we are going to succesfully implement a new game, It has to be something similar to Call of duty in order to get most of the members to actually play it. Cause that is the key element for It to work, not just throwing **** against the wall hoping that It will stick. CSGO for example is very different from Cod and I assume most members of this community would have a really hard time adjusting. Besides, the game itself Is old and If you wanna host servers for it now, It really has to be something unique considering the competition.

The only game right now that I think could suit JFF is Battallion 1944. It's a game made with old Call of duty in mind, and it plays out very similarly. Other then the actual gameplay aspect, It's a fresh release. The beta has been live for some time now and the developers claim Its full release early 2019.
I expect this game to draw high numbers of old school cod players looking for something fresh, and It would be a serious mistake for JFF not to cease this opportunity.

Here is a video that gives you the general idea of the game -

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
I think some of our members tried this game. It looks nice.
According to steam charts, its not doing very well :(
A lot players saying they want to play but servers are empty. Maybe we can provide server with players on it.

BluFish

Warteam Member
Battalion is a more dead game than CoD2, the only ones that play the game are the pros that compete in tournaments and scrim with each other on private servers

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
I think some of our members tried this game. It looks nice.
According to steam charts, its not doing very well :(
A lot players saying they want to play but servers are empty. Maybe we can provide server with players on it.
The Early Access version was released when the game was in a terrible state. Bulkhead needed the money to continue working on this project.
Anyways. Here is an official statement:

"[...]We’d like to take this opportunity to say ‘thank you’ for being a part of our Early Access phase. We agreed pre-launch that we would be treating Early Access exactly as it was intended - a time for testing the game, and getting meaningful feedback from the players, and we’re humbled with the response we’ve received over the past six months. We really didn’t anticipate having such a big launch, and it’s now well documented that the high player numbers caused us some problems. But thanks for sticking with us, because now we’re able to announce...

...That in early 2019 we are officially ending our Early Access phase and preparing for full release!

To that end, there will be no more public game updates until full release, but this is by no means just a case of tying up loose ends. The Battalion 1944 release in early 2019 will deliver the game’s biggest update to date, with an overhauled user experience, more content than has ever been added before, brand new goals to aim for and so much more. Thanks to all the testing and feedback, we’re confident that the game has really now found its identity. We can’t wait to share it with all of you, but for now, it’s a secret![...]"

Read more: https://steamcommunity.com/games/489940/announcements/detail/1714077229742969543

It also says that Square Enix, a way bigger studio, invested in Bulkhead studios. The game got alot of attention during the Early Access Release. With the marketing this investment enabled Battalion could gain a decent playerbase.

I suggest that we wait for the release before making any decision on this game.

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
Imo, player number will spike right after the release. Maybe it would be a good thing to try to set up server a month or two before it so we could learn about the game and be ready when people start buying it to take our share of players.

redzYe

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
The Early Access version was released when the game was in a terrible state. Bulkhead needed the money to continue working on this project.
Anyways. Here is an official statement:

"[...]We’d like to take this opportunity to say ‘thank you’ for being a part of our Early Access phase. We agreed pre-launch that we would be treating Early Access exactly as it was intended - a time for testing the game, and getting meaningful feedback from the players, and we’re humbled with the response we’ve received over the past six months. We really didn’t anticipate having such a big launch, and it’s now well documented that the high player numbers caused us some problems. But thanks for sticking with us, because now we’re able to announce...

...That in early 2019 we are officially ending our Early Access phase and preparing for full release!

To that end, there will be no more public game updates until full release, but this is by no means just a case of tying up loose ends. The Battalion 1944 release in early 2019 will deliver the game’s biggest update to date, with an overhauled user experience, more content than has ever been added before, brand new goals to aim for and so much more. Thanks to all the testing and feedback, we’re confident that the game has really now found its identity. We can’t wait to share it with all of you, but for now, it’s a secret![...]"

Read more: https://steamcommunity.com/games/489940/announcements/detail/1714077229742969543

It also says that Square Enix, a way bigger studio, invested in Bulkhead studios. The game got alot of attention during the Early Access Release. With the marketing this investment enabled Battalion could gain a decent playerbase.

I agree with Hyb, we need to wait till the official release of the game until we make a decision.

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
When the full game gets out, people will buy it not knowing if its good or bad. As soon as they buy, they will look for some good servers. Also, the ones who bought it already will try it again because of new update.
Imo, this is our opportunity.
We should be prepared for that first wave. As soon as they release it, we open servers to be one of the first communities that provide servers. That is the reason why we need to set up server before, to learn about it.
What can we lose? 15 euro, some Thunder's time to learn how to set it up :) and our time with another 15 to learn how the game works. Not too big price for what we could get if release succeeds. ;)

Last edited:

redzYe

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
When the full game gets out, people will buy it not knowing if its good or bad. As soon as they buy, they will look for some good servers. Also, the ones who bought it already will try it again because of new update.
Imo, this is our opportunity.
We should be prepared for that first wave. As soon as they release it, we open servers to be one of the first communities that provide servers. That is the reason why we need to set up server before, to learn about it.
What can we lose? 15 euro, some Thunder's time to learn how to set it up :) and our time with another 15 to learn how the game works. Not too big price for what we could get if release succeeds. ;)
Well in my opinion we should wait.
Me, as well as the whole war team bought the game, playing it since day one. And it reeeeeaaaally sucked... But hey, what to expect of an alpha release, we know it. And we will, most likely, give it another try when the final release will come out. But still, I wouldn't be too sure that "everyone" will buy it since day one as it has now quite some history considering what the developer did wrong.

The game got hyped too much and released too early.. Sadly that kinda ruined the reputation..

Also, even if we wait for a few month after the release, we won't be too late..
If it really will get as popular as promised, we won't have a problem establishing our server.
If it doesn't get as popular, why wasting out time on another "Dead game"

I think we shouldn't rush and desperately try to implement new games, rather talk about it and come to conclusions. Of course I would be happy if it would work with battalion, I doubt it though..

Just my 2 cents on that..

Edit: here the steam chart...
Screenshot_20181107-195347.jpg

Cod2 has a bigger player base...

Uriel

\\\ Night Watch ///
Warteam Member
Donator
Well in my opinion we should wait.
Me, as well as the whole war team bought the game, playing it since day one. And it reeeeeaaaally sucked... But hey, what to expect of an alpha release, we know it. And we will, most likely, give it another try when the final release will come out. But still, I wouldn't be too sure that "everyone" will buy it since day one as it has now quite some history considering what the developer did wrong.

The game got hyped too much and released too early.. Sadly that kinda ruined the reputation..

Also, even if we wait for a few month after the release, we won't be too late..
If it really will get as popular as promised, we won't have a problem establishing our server.
If it doesn't get as popular, why wasting out time on another "Dead game"

I think we shouldn't rush and desperately try to implement new games, rather talk about it and come to conclusions. Of course I would be happy if it would work with battalion, I doubt it though..

Just my 2 cents on that..

Edit: here the steam chart...
View attachment 9497

Cod2 has a bigger player base...

It was promising to be a very good game, but they spoiled it. Problem with reconnecting to the server... (one from many main issiues), but no, they decided to start a ladder 1st LOL

redzYe

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
It was promising to be a very good game, but they spoiled it. Problem with reconnecting to the server... (one from many main issiues), but no, they decided to start a ladder 1st LOL

Exactly. They picked the wrong priorities.
That's why I say, let's first wait and see if it is worth the effort.

Of course, if you desperately want to play it, feel free to do so.
But install it on an SSD or you might have to wait on the loading screen for 5 mins...

Blade

Hopeless case
Game Admin
Donator
Me, as well as the whole war team bought the game, playing it since day one. And it reeeeeaaaally sucked...
...Also, even if we wait for a few month after the release, we won't be too late..
If it really will get as popular as promised, we won't have a problem establishing our server...
...I think we shouldn't rush and desperately try to implement new games, rather talk about it and come to conclusions. Of course I would be happy if it would work with battalion, I doubt it though...
Those are some pretty good arguments. Battalion 1944 will be on hold then

Are there any improvements since early release?

redzYe

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
Those are some pretty good arguments. Battalion 1944 will be on hold then

Are there any improvements since early release?
Sadly I got to say that I didn't bother looking into it the last few month as they had too much to improve on. I'll be sure to take a look into the game when I find some time and post a lil Review on it. I