• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

need advice

KonZone

Kickrighted
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
kon i play onily cod4 mp and cod 5-6 single player ony, im not a pro gamer i just finde a way 2 kill 2h of time a day
I did some testing on a Surface Pro 4 with a i5-6300U @ 2,4 GHz (Intel HD 520), which should be somewhat similar in performance. It could get a pretty stable 125 FPS in CoD 4 with low resolution (600x800).

CmD

うわああああああい!!!!
Banrighted
Donator
I did some testing on a Surface Pro 4 with a i5-6300U @ 2,4 GHz (Intel HD 520), which should be somewhat similar in performance. It could get a pretty stable 125 FPS in CoD 4 with low resolution (600x800).
I can confirm surface actually isn't too bad for cod4, using the surface 3, capped at 75 fps and still works like a charm. Nice for out and about playing, or for you two hours to kill

Blade

Hopeless case
Banrighted
Donator
performance is the same on new or used, it doesnt degrade over time
if youre gonna play only cods, it would be better to take 160 euro configuration with gts 250 because it is a lot better than gt 230
this last configuration for 199 euro has better cpu but it doesnt really matter because it comes with very weak graphics card, but if you are planning to buy new stronger graphics card, it would be definitively better choice

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
1 last question: does an used gpu/cpu low the performance? if yes, is this **** good for cod 4.5.6?
it really depends on how they were used.
A GPU that has been mining 24/7 for over a year is pretty much dead.
It will run hotter, use more energy and eventually can only run on lower clockrates due to the heat

Blade

Hopeless case
Banrighted
Donator
it really depends on how they were used.
A GPU that has been mining 24/7 for over a year is pretty much dead.
It will run hotter, use more energy and eventually can only run on lower clockrates due to the heat
how much chance he got to get gpu that was used for mining? this is like saying that he bought dead used car because former driver was all the time driving it over 7k rpm
edit: I bought used card 2 years ago that was already more than 3 years old from some gamer( guy told me that he changed thermal paste and when i came home, I saw that stickers on cooler screws were still untouched xD), and it still works great, only thing i had to do is change cooling a year ago because fan on the original cooler died :D

Last edited:
@Blade this are pc used buy banks and companies at germany and swiss, the gpu are mostly new, it depande,,,, thay are not used for gaming bcz thay came wil more than 100 same pc-s of the same type, thay are not 100 pc in 1 internet centre i think,,,,, im buying 160 euro like u said

Blade

Hopeless case
Banrighted
Donator
I always found stupid that companies use op computers for their work. I saw computers they got in some goverment offices and softwares they run on them could be easly run a 15 year old computer. They change them for no reason every 2-3 years and people that use them only know how to turn them on and off and this software they work in(mostly office, or some light apps)

ya, usually dont like used stuf, nut this pc that r iseicom0anies at germany and swis are good at performance, at last thats what all here are saying, onilygpu cost bcz thay dont come with the pcs, are mostly new

[jc]VanDamme

Banrighted
Banrighted
Be very wary of these builds, I can't see any mention of the PSU type or power. This will effect if you can even upgrade to a better GPU.
Get the latter config (good CPU, ask what PSU and brand (important)), if it works so be it but prepare to get a better GPU and get it secondhand.
A nVidia 480 (on eBay About £50) would beat any 2xx series but you need to ensure the case and PSU are up for it.

[jc]VanDamme

Banrighted
Banrighted
Yes, especially ping, wifi increases ping cf wired (look at CoD actual dL/uL rates and they are small, 100kb/s if that, top speed does not compensate for a delay in siganl).