1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new gaming's system

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Heimdall, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Fobus

Fobus Registered

Next gen GPUs coming in 5 months gonna be massive improvement. 2 node shrinks. possibly hbm2 memory. If i was in your shoos, i'd wait for new gpu. In the meantime maybe you could still use old gpu?

Heimdall likes this.
  2. SeaSerpent13

SeaSerpent13 Senior Admin Senior Admin

OTe, KonZone, ElementX and 1 other person like this.
  3. Heimdall

Heimdall LMG/Sniper-[No]Skiller

Yeah I know but I just can't wait 5 more month to play and try all the new games ( e g Fallout 4, Arma 3, I won't name them all) and my windows 32 won't make them and playing games on 50 fps is just kinda SH...
    It's like trying to make a pizza over a lighter it's slow but it's working :D :D
    So yeah I won't wait another 5 month :D :D
    And Hey maybe I win in lottery so it won't be problem to buy a new one in 5. Month ( don't stop believing) xD

Ok I think I will invest a bit more money in my psu :D thanks guys

ElementX likes this.
  4. Heimdall

Heimdall LMG/Sniper-[No]Skiller

Just to let you know I choosed this one now
    700 Watt be quiet! Straight power 10-CM modular 80 + gold:D
    will order tomorrow so last chance to convince me for something else :D:D Joke
    Let me now your thought

ElementX likes this.
  5. Ardens

Ardens G-Rated Justice Senior Admin

6. jaggedmaninc

jaggedmaninc Registered

Ive build a lot of computers over the years , and when it comes to building one that lasts , most people I know cheap out on the power supply.. For me I always get a full tower to accommodate any size video card u might want in the future , and or special air or liquid cooling... The power supply is by far for me one of the most important things to consider... Think 2 or 3 or even 4 years down the road... U get a good one the dam things will last forever... That's why I have a Corsair AX1200I 1200W Digital ATX 12V 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power. lol... The 700 watt once should do u nicely... I just wanted to post cause I know so many people that start to upgrade to new video cards and add tons of drives and then there system crashes randomly and its usually because they haven't realized the power requirements for all these new and awesome parts....

OTe, Heimdall, Uriel and 1 other person like this.
  7. Uriel

Uriel \\\ Night Watch /// Kickrighted Warteam Member Donator

I build this one:

Case: FRACTAL DEFINE R4 BLACK PEARL QUIET MID-TOWER CASE
    Operating System: Windows 10 64bit
    Motherboard: ASUS® SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
    Processor: AMD FX-9370 Eight Core CPU (4.4GHz-4.7GHz/16MB CACHE/AM3+)
    Memory: 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
    Hard Drive: 4TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD4003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB CACHE (7200rpm)
    Hard Drive: 240GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W) SYSTEM DRIVE
    Hard Drive: RAID 1 (MIRRORED VOLUME) 2x 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
    Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme
    Keyboard: Logitech K740 Illuminated Keyboard
    Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Core Performance Gaming Mouse 8200dpi
    Monitor: BENQ GW2265HM 21.5" VA LED MONITOR, D-SUB, DVI-D / HDMI
    Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller with upto 5 Fitted Case Fans
    Power Supply: CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ MODULAR TXM-850 V2-80 PLUS®

:rolleyes:

8. Unlucky

Unlucky Banrighted Banrighted

Good choice uriel in winters that cpu will double up as heater xD

Uriel, Blade, lifeboy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Uriel

Tell me about it. That was my the biggest issue. CPU reach 90 degrees of Celsius, but H100i GTX solved problem. Now it has max 50 C. at full load.

10. BR3

BR3 Kickrighted Kickrighted

When did you build this?

11. Hybrid

Hybrid Kickrighted Kickrighted Warteam Member

It will still use alot of power and heat up your room. A friend got one @4.2 Ghz, he opens his case and put it next to his feet to heat them up when coming home.

anyways, why do you need a gtx 1080 for 1080p gaming @60Hz? :D

I think about upgrading my setup with 120 or 144Hz, my GTX 660 will be enough for it. It has 50% load in cod4 with 250 fps, cpu bottlenecks. I may have to oc it untill switching to zen

Uriel likes this.
  12. Warnaar80[NL]

Warnaar80[NL] Getting old, to old Senior Admin

Why in the hell a AMD CPU??? This could have been a monster pc, but now its clawless ;) I know it has 8 cores, but games doesn't use them. A simple intel i5 would be much faster, so the pc would be more balanced. Now your GPU will be limited by the CPU. Also the power usage of the AMD is almost 3 times more then the intel.

ElementX and Uriel like this.
  13. Uriel

Well I build it in 2013 and upgraded month ago with new GPU, before I had 2x GF780Ti in SLI.

Three years ago that AMD was a good solution, but yes - now it's ****.

I should take an Intel then. Now If I want to change CPU I need to change mobo too - double cost. I will do, but not now. Maybe after X mass. And I want to change the case, this one it's to tight a little bit, but I am very happy with Fractal Design.

14. Warnaar80[NL]

aah! Now it makes sense, i thought you build it this year!

Uriel likes this.
  15. Uriel

Naaaaaa :p

I planned to keep it for at least 3 years - done.

16. Hybrid

Hybrid Kickrighted Kickrighted Warteam Member

Wait for Zen mate, it will have an impact on intel prices aswell.

I will get a monitor after xmas, when all those people who make their gifts, or replaced monitors to money will offer them for way less

Uriel likes this.
  17. Uriel

Yea, true. Maybe finnaly Intel will drop some prices, but still AMD ZEN processors will need new motherboards with AM4 sockets. I have AM3+ so still need to replace it. and I will go for Intel now I think.

18. Warnaar80[NL]

Well, if Zen doesn't improve much, intel doesn't need to drop their prices, they will still be the fastest, and market leader.

Uriel likes this.
  19. BR3

BR3 Kickrighted Kickrighted

An upgrade to the DDR4 system with intel CPU and mobo would be great yeah. And I suggest you to take a look at Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5 and Corsair Graphite 760t case. Especially 760t looks fabulous!

StefaTurbo likes this.
  20. StefaTurbo

StefaTurbo Registered Donator

That's powerful Rig, but next time you build something powerful please go for Intel :)