1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple SnD demos

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare : Discussion' started by REM, Nov 30, 2017.

1. REM

REM 48 65 6c 6c 6f 21

So I'm kind of unsure what to do about this. Say you're recording a demo of someone in SnD. Every time a new round starts you have to start a new demo recording and it may take multiple demos to prove someone is hacking.

Example: So you're recording someone and the first round they seem legit, next round you see something which could be considered hacking, next round nothing again, the next round you spot something again.

So uploading the demo that looks suspicious only shows 1 maybe 2 kills, nothing to base an opinion on whether or not he's hacking. But watching both demos should prove it.

So is it ok to upload 2 or more demos?

Sorry if this is a dumb/ already answered question. Just thought I should ask.

WaRRirOzz likes this.
  2. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

point is to make a strong proof, the shorter it can be. so, in snd, you can split it in few short demos per round, or continue to record, if you continue and he just dies, make a new one. one of the worst things to watch are demos of snd and hq. Even worst is to record them. If the demo shows something good, continue to record, if it doesnt, make a new one. I remember one demo, it was like 5mb long, guy was clean like 15min, and all of a sudden > aimbot. And there i was sitting like a braindead moron almost feeling the gray matter leaking through my ears, wondering why, why was i looking at a 15min long demo to see a proof of the most simple cheat there is to record, i mean 100kb would be more then enough. IMO its better to make 10 short demos and pick through them then to watch those 4-6mb ones. Even 3mb is like ughhh...

REM, CmD, OTe and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hybrid

Hybrid Cuckrighted Warteam Member

I Dont really care if you keep recording while the suspect waits for respawn. every time he dies in snd i use /timescale 100. it gets reset to 1 at the start of next round automaticly.

REM and Lyzone like this.
  4. CmD

CmD Irren ist menschlich. Banrighted Donator

Never realised that it resets, thanks

REM likes this.
  5. REM

REM 48 65 6c 6c 6f 21

Alright thanks for the advice. I've been trying to keep any demos under 1mb because like you said watching a big demo gets really tedious.

ElementX likes this.
  6. REM

REM 48 65 6c 6c 6f 21

Alright, I'll still try to keep them as short as possible.