• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Map rotation suggest

enx

Registered
Hey, i want to suggest new map rotation.
I chose each map once, with the best game_type for each of them.
I think you should also change limits of points in some gametypes e.g. HQ from 750 to 320 or something. Because if the set value is too high, the achievement of this value takes too long.

My rotation proposition:

1.) mp_depot - HQ
2.) mp_pavlov - DM
3.) mp_uo_carentan - SD
4.) mp_uo_stanjel - CTF
5.) mp_neuville - HQ
6.) mp_harbor - TDM
7.) german_town - SD (Really nice map, approved by ClanBase)
8.) mp_peaks - HQ
9.) mp_brecourt - DM
10.) mp_uo_dawnville - SD
11.) mp_sicily - DOM
12.) mp_powcamp - HQ
13.) mp_stalingrad - TDM
14.) mp_railyard - SD
15.) mp_carentan - HQ
16.) mp_dawnville - DM
17.) mp_uo_harbor - SD
18.) mp_cassino - CTF
19.) mp_uo_hurtgen - HQ
20.) mp_uo_depot - TDM
21.) mp_arnhem - HQ
22.) mp_uo_powcamp - TDM
23.) mp_chateau - HQ

Summary:

23 Maps

3 - DM
4 - TDM
5 - SD
8 - HQ
2 - CTF
1 - DOM (There are few good maps for this gametype)
0 - BEL (Preaty nice, add with mp_streets if you want)
0 - BAS (Borring gametype and need a lot of ppl)
0 - RE (I never like it, its almost like SD, but SD is more fun and skilled)

I delete maps like:
mp_foy
mp_italy
mp_kursk
mp_rhinevalley
IMO. they are too big maps if there is no much ppl on server.

Sorry for my english.
Regards.

Last edited:

enx

Registered
I think you should also change limits of points in some gametypes e.g. HQ from 750 to 360 or something. Because if the set value is too high, the achievement of this value takes too long.

Sorry for my english.
Regards.
This change I argue that when the map takes too long - too much players have artillery, and then at each rebirth these players throw arty on HQ, pleasure of the game - shooting - goes to second place. Play Hard, Go Pro ;D

XFR

Mess with the best, die like the rest.
This change I argue that when the map takes too long - too much players have artillery, and then at each rebirth these players throw arty on HQ, pleasure of the game - shooting - goes to second place. Play Hard, Go Pro ;D

I agree with you. Hope @Yabwon see's this.

Yabwon

Retarded Admin
Retired Admin
Donator
I will try to prepare something this weekend.
As I see @XFR agrees for this rota. If the rest guys ( @CCR , @arpithmania , @Ares ) will agree, I don't see any problem.
I need to check that "german_town" map, @enx could you please send me a PM with link to that map?

i like it. but 7 dm/tdm is too much for me. my suggestion is dm 2 & tdm 2 & bas 2(just so that the rotation appeals to the players who also like different gametypes). and the remaining 1 could be another hq.

ponyri is a good bas map for 8-10 players

this is just my suggestion. but im fine with anything yabwon puts.

CCR

CoD:UO Player
Hey, i want to suggest new map rotation.
HQ from 750 to 320 or something. Because if the set value is too high, the achievement of this value takes too long.
pleasure of the game
I would think reverse way. maybe its pleasure and a good reward for the team who have artillery. And with artillery on, game ends fast at this stage. On the other hand, even default 450 point is not enough, you need little chance to fight back your opo to make it fun (320 or 450 ends tooooo fast). 750 is perfect imo.
P.S- We used to play with 1000 to 1200 points in local server.

About suggested map rotation, I liked the new rotation. Lets change current rotation and taste something different.

enx

Registered
Maybe I exaggerated with these 320 points. But the standard 450 points is enough in my opinion. It's not a problem when one player on each team got artillery. The problem is when that artillery has a lot of players in both teams, then it's hard to find a place on the map where you would shoot. Anyway, those are just my opinions. The decision will be taken by the members of the clan.

i like it. but 7 dm/tdm is too much for me.
The current server rotation have 10 dm/tdm.
In that rotation i chose each map once, but if you want more HQ or other (like BEL), you can repeat any of these maps and add more game_types. Mix them so that there was not a voting for 4 the same game_types.

Last edited:

Janne

Registered
This is my list for maps
1. carentan hq & sd
2.railyard hq
3.depot hq
4.brecourt hq
5. dawnville hq
6.neuville hq
7.harbor hq .................... :D

CCR

CoD:UO Player
This is my list for maps
1. carentan hq & sd
2.railyard hq
3.depot hq
4.brecourt hq
5. dawnville hq
6.neuville hq
7.harbor hq .................... :D
Why don't we change the server name to "HQ Only" :D
I love HQ above all of them. But, you have to be rational. There are other players out there who likes different gametypes. So, we need something "rational" for everyone.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

WISH

Game Admin
Game Admin
HQ and SD are the best game types, no mater which map selected (if possible).

What comes about artillery, I suggest to change player points for last rank. If I remember correct, player will reach last rank at 50 points at the current settings. How about change it to 70 or 80 points?

Janne

Registered
I know... i just Love to play hq and i think its the best gametype, but yeah you are right what you saying , if i have to say some other gametype i saying sd :D...but anyways i think railyard hq map its cool idea, or what yuo guys saying`?

I know... i just Love to play hq and i think its the best gametype, but yeah you are right what you saying , if i have to say some other gametype i saying sd :D...but anyways i think railyard hq map its cool idea, or what yuo guys saying`?
well i like ctf and tdm/dm as well.. to play once in a while :) . so i like maps you suggested (the usual :) ) but more variety in game types :D
i also think railyard hq would be cool.

Rango

Registered
What comes about artillery, I suggest to change player points for last rank. If I remember correct, player will reach last rank at 50 points at the current settings. How about change it to 70 or 80 points?
Best idea ever suggested by someone imo. I was thinking to posting about this. i guess this will be better- 80 is mysuggestion but 70 will do , but not 60. i hope u guys understand why this needed. @CCR wouldn't u agree with me?

WISH

Game Admin
Game Admin

Putty

Registered
normally server still crashing some reason if is lots of player on.... i think the current map rota that we have any spec map, cause used to be was the problem the too much custom map... @Yabwon will sort it, but we need freshing up again....