• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Let's Play COD2! Just For Fun!

Guarnere

Banrighted
Banrighted
Hi all! :)

Many attempts to revive our beloved COD2 server have failed. As a result, I'm the only member left in this section. In all honesty, and as shown by previous attempts, reviving the COD2 server to a level of 5 years ago will be nearly impossible. However, this doesn't mean that we can't have fun playing COD2 and make use of the server.

A while ago I tried to start COD2 nights on fixed dates & times. This worked for a while, but did not last.

Right now I want to propose something different: let's just get together every once in a while to experience the legacy that is COD2. I now have the ability to implement server & map changes quickly, so on nights where we get together (members & non-members!) we can simply have fun on the maps & modes that we like!

I'd like to use this topic to announce in advance when I'm planning to play COD2 with a close group of real-life friends. Some names you may recognize: Albino (duh! :rolleyes:, that dude that left us twice), The Flying Dutchman and Sir Williams. We do like to play COD2 every now and again, at other times we don't, but when we do, we usually play all together at the same time. Then why not make sure others are aware to join the fun on our very own JFF server?

So, instead of forcing fixed COD2 nights through our and your throats, let's just get together when we feel like it and have an hour or two of fun. Who knows what follows in terms of rank and server growth from those few hours of activity every once in a while, but let's not do it to attempt to increase ranks of the server: let's just get together to have fun and experience some COD2 nostalgia with some great (custom) maps.

3 of us are planning to, as we always call it, 'go nuts' (Dutch: los gaan) this Thursday 25 October at 17:30 UTC / 19:30 CEST. Please feel free to join. Not with the aim to revive the server, but with the aim to just have some fun! ;) If you have any specific map & modes requests, feel free to shoot me a private message.

Guarnere

Smokva

Banrighted
Banrighted
I'm down for it. I may even get some real life friends to come too. Maybe we could play some wars or something with discord or ts3.

That being said, this Thursday is not working for me at all haha

Guarnere

Banrighted
Banrighted
I'm down for it. I may even get some real life friends to come too. Maybe we could play some wars or something with discord or ts3.

That being said, this Thursday is not working for me at all haha
We can definitely do stuff like that as well :D

Guarnere

Banrighted
Banrighted
The three of us are going to play COD2 this Wednesday from 18:00 UTC onwards. Feel free to join and to suggest maps! :)

Guarnere

Banrighted
Banrighted
Remember, tonight we're going to play COD2 :D Respawn times during CTF and HQ have been reduced allowing for faster gameplay. Also, great maps will be included tonight, so join the fun...