• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Just giving up?

True.north

Banrighted
Banrighted
OK guys I understand that we are closing shop soon, but can someone explain to me wtf is going on with WAW servers? Are we just giving up on WAW before we end the JFF story or what? Server vent offline yesterday evening and since then, noone even cares if its online or not?

kVN#

#4iS
Banrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
Thunder is actually busy at the moment...
Please stay patient, hopefully he can fix it as soon as he can.

ElementX

Braindead
Game Admin
i just got a message from thunder and he told me this matter is related to activision. We just have to wait and see what happens.

faceoff

Banrighted
Banrighted
Donator
Why then PDE Servers work correctly, and JFF Servers are dead. Isn't it an activision issue the same for both clans???

I hope JFF come back soon. PDE is ok, no lag, Server runs good, many player. But I cant help its just not the same for me.

I just enjoy Jff since Cod4 cuz there are never any damn mods. Gameplay is like the creators intended.
I think I became a good player in World at War since I startet playing here.
But on PDE for example i hit nothing, really nothing. The hitboxes are so strange. It feels you have to aim beforehand on mothing targets. On JFF it was always accurate and reliable.
Second the forced weird Field of View, and the tiny Iron Sights.
And everything is going to fast. Tanks drives like Feraris, Running is faster.

Dammit bring my JFF back.

Anyway.
I would like to test with you out these 2 new servers. They are very new and no one is there but it looks like JFF / no mods / Softcore

Leviath [TDM] 24/7
51.254.246.64:28960
Leviath [WAR] 24/7
51.254.246.64:28961

emb

Registered
I hope JFF come back soon. PDE is ok, no lag, Server runs good, many player. But I cant help its just not the same for me.

I just enjoy Jff since Cod4 cuz there are never any damn mods. Gameplay is like the creators intended.
I think I became a good player in World at War since I startet playing here.
But on PDE for example i hit nothing, really nothing. The hitboxes are so strange. It feels you have to aim beforehand on mothing targets. On JFF it was always accurate and reliable.
Second the forced weird Field of View, and the tiny Iron Sights.
And everything is going to fast. Tanks drives like Feraris, Running is faster.

Dammit bring my JFF back.
Hi, I'm Embahh from PDE, I have been lurking on these forum occasionally, but this is the first time I actually decided to post something on here after this thread with some false information about our waw servers catched my eye.

First of all I want to say that JFF was actually the first server I ever played waw on pc and it got me hooked into the game many years ago, and I still played on there every now and then all the way until this day. All of you admins did a great job hosting / maintaining multiple game servers on these old (and sadly) dying cod games, and it's sad to see you closing down, but it's understandable. I wish you all the best!

And now for the actual reply to Slayer83 ( I assume you're Slayer-GER in-game?)...

First of all, our server doesn't run any mods at all. You can filter out mods from the server browser and our server will still be visible on there. Everything is normal/core except for the faster XP rate, this game is 10 years old and we want all players to be able to enjoy the game without needing to grind countless of hours to unlock the weapons they wish to use, especially with the commonly happening rank/progress resets. But I can totally understand why some of you would prefer the original xp per kill. We also only have one weapon/perk restriction and that is rifle grenades, it was just simply causing way too many problems and complaints with a 40+ player server and it had to be disabled, everything else is allowed.

I have no idea why you would have problems with hit boxes, I personally get the exact same outcome, be it on jff or pde. Also players definitely don't run faster and tanks aren't speeding around like "Ferraris", all movement speeds are default, and iron sights are as they should be.

You're right about the FOV thought, it's scaled 1.15x. To put it simple, if you have your fov set at 70, it will act as 80, and 80 will act as 90. If you're used to playing with a 80 FOV, then you need to set it to 70 on our server for the same results (there's a console message informing players about it) , and that's probably why the movement/running speed feels faster if you're playing with a slightly higher fov than usually. But it's just an illusion, in reality your character doesn't move any faster than it normally does. I'm terrible at explaining things in English, but hopefully this clears something up.

Thank you and good luck!

@emb
Yes Im the one :)
I started with a downloaded version of WAW. But later I began to like this game so much. I decided to buy this game. Its not easy to get and original version of this game in germany. I used PDE to get all Prestige fast back to full.

On JFF I played with cg_fov 70 (80 was to much for me and 65 to low). I found out the field of view affects also your mouse sensitivity. So my best setting was
cg_fov 70 with sensitivity 80 with m_pitch 0.001, m_yaw 0.001 and m_filter 1. With this settings I also learned to handle the sniper sway without holding breath.

On PDE I use cg_fov 65 to get at least 80. But I would like to get back my real 70.
Maybe my problems on PDE in rifling is that cg_fovscale is not my 1.00 ( PDE uses like you said 1.125). That makes all Iron Sights very tiny and you dont get the needed zoom. This setting is not changable by the client. Anyway PDE is the last good filled Server. I have to deal with it. I hope I get my skill back. When I watch you how you destroy everyone with the kar98 I see it must be possible.

Things I like on PDE better is, you get Artellerie and dogs after more kills (7 and 10). I like this, not so much chaos on full servers. And no noob tube.

Btw. Your english is way better than mine.

Hello Slayer83. I just wanted to let you know that all of the small things you see is due to the feeling of players on the servers and the game. We usually have polls and discussions about things on our forum so players can participate and voice their opinions on things. We always welcome feedback. When it came to rifle grenades (grenade launchers), we did what we could to try and minimize the issue with so many players in a server, but it was still a problem. That was a hard one for us, but we had to let it go. We don't believe in restrictions or force for anything, but we do have 44+ (formerly 48) player servers.

We were always against doing hardcore servers (not against hardcore personally) because there was a heavy increase of them in 2009 and one of my favorite servers turned hardcore. It seemed they started outnumbering the default health servers. Anything we've done has always been for the benefit of all players and what they feel. We don't look to make anything extreme and want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves. On Server 2, we have 3-4 different game modes (DOM, HQ, CTF) because players spoke about the lack of them, and the rest is all TDM.

From time to time, I visit Server 2 to ask players how they feel about certain game modes or anything else. Even now, we're looking at this as feedback.

[jc]VanDamme

Banrighted
Banrighted
Why OTe? What happens?
Basically Activision have done something with their server code and JFF servers are offline due to the Activision 'heatbeat' code required.
This doesn't effect non-cracked servers but does us.
Something similar happened recently about a year ago IIRC.

It doesn't surprise me as Activision would like all WW2 cod players to buy their new game cod:wwii!

Given the overall JFF situation I do not see the JFF WaW servers ever running again :(