• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

İs it possible to change it ?

So as you can see from the start here comes question.

All sniper scope reticles in mp are same of japanese arisaka scope wich it annoys me the F..K Out.
İ want to use original reticles for scopes of snipers
(Sp scopes)
İ will put picture of kar98k and springfield reticles in here.

İ realy need to change it .

İ put scope pics of kar98k mosin and springfield.
Original scope pics can be digged out of game files tho. Pls help. ^^

Attachments

el-cuxillito

Naderman
Banrighted

All sniper scope reticles in mp are same of japanese arisaka scope wich it annoys me the F..K Out.
(Sp scopes)

I don't if that's possible or not. But will remember you that one of the first thing that I read it's that single player and multiplayer are quite different experience, the weapons are not exactly the same.
For example on COD4 you use a M14 with telescope and silencer on the single player. While on the multiplayer you can't combine silencer and the telescope.

I don't if that's possible or not. But will remember you that one of the first thing that I read it's that single player and multiplayer are quite different experience, the weapons are not exactly the same.
For example on COD4 you use a M14 with telescope and silencer on the single player. While on the multiplayer you can't combine silencer and the telescope.
İn codwaw mp they juat put same reticle all sniper scopes. İ was hoping it was changeable via gamefiles :/

Trappz

Who dis? ^*^
Kickrighted

(Sp scopes)

Mhmm I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it, I've never done it myself but, I'm certain you are able to.

It might me like skins with the files, I've seen scope/red dot-sight remakes for Call Of Duty 4, so I don't see why WaW shouldn't... but still you will have to look into it more.

Mhmm I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it, I've never done it myself but, I'm certain you are able to.

It might me like skins with the files, I've seen scope/red dot-sight remakes for Call Of Duty 4, so I don't see why WaW shouldn't... but still you will have to look into it more.
Gotta check and dig its files then :/

SeaSerpent13

Retired Admin
Senior Admin
None of those guides will help you. Those are for creating mods and custom maps. If you want to change the scope texture you have to find it in the waw main files. It’ll be a iwd file.

None of those guides will help you. Those are for creating mods and custom maps. If you want to change the scope texture you have to find it in the waw main files. It’ll be a iwd file.
sadly other way it helped me realy well. i found it. as a scope_overlay_mp. sadly ican only put 1 of them for mp. and i also noticed there is a Britian Scope overlay but cant seem to make that one run.

https://gyazo.com/0109dd85763c5685a7a9f306418b8311

Here pics of it. found them inside the iw_06 and extracted them with some sort of extractor to convert files.
Thats a big thanks to guide actually ^^. now i will try to change the mp one and american one since thats what i want. will keep reporting here. ^^

Trappz

Who dis? ^*^
Kickrighted
It's been fixed, all you need to do is rename the IWI files if you haven't, it won't work.

If future people who need help here is what you need to rename;
rename iw_00.iwd to localized_english_aa.iwd
rename iw_01.iwd to localized_english_aab.iwd
rename iw_02.iwd to localized_english_aac.iwd
rename iw_03.iwd to localized_english_aad.iwd
rename iw_04.iwd to localized_english_aae.iwd
rename iw_05.iwd to localized_english_aaf.iwd
rename iw_06.iwd to localized_english_aag.iwd

Enjoy <3

It's been fixed, all you need to do is rename the IWI files if you haven't, it won't work.

If future people who need help here is what you need to rename;
rename iw_00.iwd to localized_english_aa.iwd
rename iw_01.iwd to localized_english_aab.iwd
rename iw_02.iwd to localized_english_aac.iwd
rename iw_03.iwd to localized_english_aad.iwd
rename iw_04.iwd to localized_english_aae.iwd
rename iw_05.iwd to localized_english_aaf.iwd
rename iw_06.iwd to localized_english_aag.iwd

Enjoy <3

Thank you Very much ^^ <3 it works. now time to make a guide...

REM

Who's REM?
Kickrighted
thank you ^^. now its time to try to change the sight missalligment on springfield with its ironsights. maybe ican try to put a light color to the place or just remove that litle triangle that tricks us. [maybe] im not good at this. ^^.
You're going to need to modify the gun model for that, texture mods can't change sight alignment since that's part of the actual weapon model >. <||

You're going to need to modify the gun model for that, texture mods can't change sight alignment since that's part of the actual weapon model >. <||
İ mean i can remove the extra part that is giving us wrong thing from textures. Doesnt that make it show without that tiny triangle ? Or if i can paint it to white color that will do too