• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

In need of new monitor to kick ass..

Its old me again... And lately my gamming has been a bit off cause my eyes arnt as good as they use to be.... Im running a 23 inch Samsung 120hz monitor 1 ms .... Its a nice monitor but I find im having a harder time seeing the enemy ... So im planning on giving this one to my 4 year old son to go with the pc im building him.....

So I need a monitor with little or no ghosting ,,, superfast with no lag ... And bigger ... I have one in mind in the price range I can afford.... So give your opinions on it ... And don't say it sucks just because im raping u already during gameplay... lmao

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00GWFNMJS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1HU0UETW2PFPN&psc=1

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Game Admin
Warteam Member
If you got a nvidia card it might already help to turn up your digital vibrance.
As @ElementX said, you will be playing diffrent games.

If you are going for a synced monitor be aware of that there could be a higher delay than 1ms

If you got a nvidia card it might already help to turn up your digital vibrance.
As @ElementX said, you will be playing diffrent games.

If you are going for a synced monitor be aware of that there could be a higher delay than 1ms
Well the card I run now is the
XFX Radeon R9 290X 1000MHZ 4GB DDR5 DP HDMI 2xDVI Double Dissipation Video Card R9-290X-EDFD
I just thought a 27 inch monitor might be better for me... I just want it to run almost the same as the monitor I have now.... Inpout lag is a concern ... But the monitor seem to get fairly good ratings from what I could find... and it has 100,120 and 144 refresh rates.... only 1920x1080 which is just ok ,, but since I just want it for gaming I think it might work out... And yea im planning on using it for other games... Im playing the new doom ,, diablo 3 , crisis , battlefield etc....

kim upgraded her computer from a dual core to an i5 system... So I have a perfectly good motherboard ,chip ,ram and video card ... So I ordered in a cheap coolermaster case w/power supply to put everything in... Then ill put it in my sons room so he can watch movies and tv series over the network via kodi and he loves playing diablo 3 ... The only thing he doesn't have is a monitor.... So I could get him a cheapo monitor or a small tv and hook it up to that... Or I could give him mine and do a decent upgrade for myself... decisions decisions...

KonZone

Game Admin
Game Admin
Warteam Member
The sweet spot for a 1920x1080 monitor is at 24 inch and I wouldn't get anything bigger, but that's just my personal preference. The sweet spot for 2560x1440 is 27 inch which is why they are becoming more popular, but if i wanted a bigger monitor, I would probably go for that one. The price is a bit high for its resolution, but there's not a lot of options.

The sweet spot for a 1920x1080 monitor is at 24 inch and I wouldn't get anything bigger, but that's just my personal preference. The sweet spot for 2560x1440 is 27 inch which is why they are becoming more popular, but if i wanted a bigger monitor, I would probably go for that one. The price is a bit high for its resolution, but there's not a lot of options.
Well I think ill give it a try... Worse case is I don't like it and ill give it to my son.... And yea I was looking at the model higher than this one that was 2560x1440 and that was just over 600 Canadian..https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00TUK9D9K. A bit too much for me at the moment ... I've been buying some stereo equipment so funds arnt there. Ok ill get it in a week or two and then let ya know my take on it......