• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to Join the Server

Ardens

Arma Guy
Retired Admin
Recently some players/members have had trouble connecting to the server.

Q: MW2 starts but I can't connect to online services.
Q: I don't see the =[JFF]= Server in the server list.
Q: How do I join and play!?
Q: How do I change my Name?
Q: Some maps won't work!?
Q: Where can I get the menu music? It's beautiful and depressing at the same time!

A: If you want to play MW2 Multiplayer:

1. First you need the game Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (MW2), either by buying it or downloading it.

2. Make sure you have version 1.0.159 (more than likely, you do). You can check this by starting MW2 Multiplayer and looking in the bottom right corner. If you do not have this version contact me on xfire please.

3. Download iw_22.iwd and iw_23.iwd and place them in you "main" folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Modern Warfare 2\main\) replacing the old iw_22 and iw_23 (if they are already in "main"). This step should fix most of your map errors. If they don't talk to me on xfire.

4. Now download the IW4M client so you can play on the server!

5. Place the client "IW4M.exe" into your MW2 install directory. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Modern Warfare 2)

6. Run "IW4M.exe!"

7. The client will now install the files you need to play on the server!

8. Since this is probably your first time installing the client, at the end of the process it will ask for a login (username and password)! Click register, but be careful, your username will be your in-game name! (If a registation window does not come up, register here)

9. Complete the registration and login using your new account information.

10. Now you can launch MW2 Multiplayer using "LaunchIW4M" in your install dir. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Modern Warfare 2) If you want, make a shortcut of "LaunchIW4M" and put it on your desktop for quick access.

11. A console should pop up when started and then MW2 Multiplayer should launch.

12. From here you can customize your classes, kill streaks, and settings just the way you like them.

13. To join the server, simply click "Browse Servers" and then find "=[JustForFun]= Cracked Server #1" (It is easier to find if you click "name" so the servers are in alphabetical order). You can also add it to your favorites ^^

A: If you want to change your in-game name.

1. Go to fourdeltaone.net
2. Login into the forum with your original username and password.
3. Go to "User Control Panel."
4. Click "Profile" in User Control Panel.
5. Click "Edit Account Settings."
6. Change your username to whatever you like where it says "Username."
7. Save and Done.

A: If you constantly get missing map errors.

1. Go to Google.
2. Search for: alteriwnet dlc
3. Click on the top link.
4. Download the 961 MiB file.
5. Once complete, extract all the files into the root of MW2. (C:\Program Files\Activision\Modern Warfare 2\) If you have recieved the game through steam the directory is (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2)
6. It may ask you if you want to merge the files into current folders, click yes and continue.
7. Start the game with IW4M.exe and your ready to go!

Download the main menu theme song here, enjoy!

That's all guys! Have fun playing and if you have any problems contact me or another admin for help! :)

Greets, =[JFF]=Ardens

Updated 4/2/13

just tried the server .. its really .. but i think the addon not ported yet , am i right ? hope this server gets more popular :D

yeah, figured that out already....i was on the server already, olayed couple maps until that missing map error came out. -.-

i were there only couple mins alone and immeatidly couple player came in. =)

What about this error? Note that I was playing on a random server, not JFF. I was playing for about 10 mins or less and then this came up.

Ardens

Arma Guy
Retired Admin
@Vizionzz talk to me on xfire for fix
@Shag No addon ported atm

And of course if the iw_22 and iw_23 don't solve all your map errors and you want all the maps, as Soul said, google alteriwnet dlc and you will find your way from there... Download is around 1 GB by the way.

Would the client essentially then become the Icon you would click like you word normally to go online?, or would that need to be open aswell as clicking the multiplayer Icon?

Ardens

Arma Guy
Retired Admin
PsYcHo_Rebound said:
Would the client essentially then become the Icon you would click like you word normally to go online?, or would that need to be open aswell as clicking the multiplayer Icon?
The new "IW4M.exe" client/Icon is the only thing you need to use to start multiplayer. Not the original multiplayer app.

Seems i found problem for me. Launcher installed in c:\Users\Skipper\AppData\Local\IW4M\ by default ... and there he made folders /zone /main /miles ... i removed him to game folder, and 1 more i done its in my game folder map Zone/russian - here was all *.ff files (cuz i have rus translation of the game). I made English folder and copied all files from Russian to English. Till now all ok. Ill check more in the evening .. now going to drink a little vodka and have some relax ;)