• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CS:GO just became F2P and more...

Smokva

Banrighted
Banrighted
In the latest major update that the game received, Volvo introduced a new map and a new Battle Royale mode in CS:GO along with making it free to play.
See patch notes below:
Release Notes for 12/6/2018
2018.12.06 -

[CSGO – Danger Zone]
– Introducing Danger Zone, a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO’s tactical gameplay. For more details, visit: www.counter-strike.net/dangerzone
– Danger Zone can be played solo, or in squads of two or three players.
[FREE TO PLAY]
– CS:GO is now free to play. For more details, visit the F2P FAQ.
– All players who played CS:GO before the Danger Zone update will receive a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile.
– All current CS:GO Players have been upgraded to Prime Status
— Prime Status continues to match you with other Prime Status players
— Additionally, your Prime Status will give you access to the new Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats (available by earning XP while playing Danger Zone matches) and the new Danger Zone case.

This update caused a huge influx of players for now (I think it bumped CS:GO to no.1 game on Steam) and given that you guys expressed the wish to move onto other games multiple times, I thought this was worth discussing as it seems that this update opens up new possibilities and makes it as good time as any to look into this.

Smokva

Banrighted
Banrighted
Guess I forgot to mention the downside of F2P being riddled with cheaters haha (but then again so is COD)

For a better experience, people will still have to buy Prime status to be matched with other people with Prime status (ppl who already payed for the game)

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
Just found out that i played against a popular streamer/ youtuber during my first match of Danger Zone with @BluFish and hertZ. I was too overwhelmed by all the new features to notice it.
Check the scoreboard on 14:21, we are on 3rd place.

Guess we are famous now.