1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking time revived!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by GammaDeltaII, Jul 11, 2015.

1. WarDog21

WarDog21 woofwoof

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    CmD, lifeboy and ElementX like this.
  2. Spoma

Spoma The Rebellious Deserter

SPOMA'S RANDOM LASAGNA. You should make this on Mondays cuz Mondays generally suck.

Meat sauce:

2 Humongous onions
    2 Small eggplants
    2 tbsp of salt
    Some black pepper
    700gr of mixed minced meat (pork/beef), but honestly whatever you find will do good.
    Tomato sauce 500gr

Bechamel sauce:

150 gr of butter
    100 gr of Flour (fine-extra fine)
    500 ml of milk, any amount of fat
    Basil/oregano if you want it in
    some parmesan

1) Cut onions and eggplants into small bits and throw it aggressively into a Pan/Pot or whatever the hell it is that you have. Make sure you've put some oil in it too.
    [​IMG]

2) Get your meat, make sure its fresh, if you don't have any, feel free to use your neighbor's dog. Don't forget to form the meat into two round chunks and place it as your breasts.
    It won't make the final product better but it will make the process a lot more fun. Try it raw also.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3) Stir the thing you made for some time...10 minutes is enough. It should look like this(without the red, but i lost that picture):
    [​IMG]

4) Add 400 ml of tomato sauce and stir it a bit then proceed to the bechamel sauce.
    To be honest i dont even know what bechamel is but once i saw someone doing something similar to this so there goes my try.
    [​IMG]

5) Put 100-150 gr of butter into a pan/pot, add some salt and spices if you want to. Wait for it to melt. Start adding some fine flour and milk.
    Don't forget to use a whisk or you might get blobs in it. I usually add some parmesan cheese in it. NOTE: it should be a bit less thick than ketchup.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6) Find your grandmother's baking pan. those work the best. Put just a bit of oil in it and spread it all over. Cover the pan with lasagne,
    cover lasagne layer with bechamel sauce and the bechamel with meat sauce you made before. (repeat 3-4 times) and finish with bechamel sauce.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7) Cover the bechamel top with a cheese that melts good. I used gouda and mozzarella.
    [​IMG]

8) Preheat the oven to 200°C so its ready to put the baking pan in. The baking should last for 35 minutes. After your time is up, this is what you get: you can feed 10 people with it with no problem. 10 people = 3 Queens
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There you go! @GammaDeltaII

Special ingredients: A hot girl in the kitchen. @Rayne thank you for the pictures :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    BluFish, LaraCroft, Unlucky and 10 others like this.
  3. shujinko

shujinko Registered

I salut you all guys nice one, @GammaDeltaII you really lift that one up!
    Thank's I'm proud:p
    Feel free to share my whatsapp pictures I'm too lazy than i give a recipe :D

GammaDeltaII and Trobon like this.
  4. GammaDeltaII

GammaDeltaII RiddleBox Senior Admin

Okay, here's some of our chef's art on a plate:

IMG_0598.jpg IMG_0600.jpg IMG_0602.jpg IMG_0604.jpg IMG_0605.jpg IMG_0610.jpg IMG_0611.jpg IMG_0612.jpg IMG_0613.jpg IMG_0614.jpg

Che buono! :eek:

LaraCroft, Blade, lifeboy and 3 others like this.
  5. GammaDeltaII

Home-made shawarma

First time I tried making the shawarma spice mixture myself. Couldn't find any pre-prepped meat or ready-made shawarma spice mixture in the supermarket, so decided to do it myself. So, this recipe is mainly about how to make your own spice mixture. It's very simple, but you need quite a few different spices. :)

Number of people: 1 (or 2 if you don't eat that much)

Time: 30 min

Required ingredients:
    • Spice mixture (1 tsp of all spices):
      • Salt
      • Pepper
      • Chilli / cayenne / piri piri pepper
      • Curry
      • Garlic
      • Ginger
      • Cumin
      • Coriander
      • Paprika
      • Cinnamon
    • Additionally you could add these spices (which I didn't have):
      • Turmeric
      • Nutmeg
      • Cardamom
      • Parsley
      • Celery
    • Shallots / (red) onion
    • Red bell pepper
    • 400 g sliced meat (this could be any meat really: pork, beef, lamb, chicken, turkey)
    • Buns / pita bread or anything alike
    • Sliced cabbage / endive lettuce or any other kind of lettuce (I used rucola)
    • Tomato ketchup
    • Garlic sauce / tzatziki or any other sauce you'd like to add
    • Additional ingredients you could add (some suggestions):
      • Chilli pepper
      • (Grated) carrot
      • Tomato
      • Pickled gherkin
    Method:
    • Slice the meat into small strips (I used some thin pork fillets)
    • Mix all the spices together (1 tsp each) and add some olive oil
    • Add the spice mixture to the meat and mix it well. (You might want to leave the meat in the fridge for a while to marinate.)
    • Heat a frying pan and cook the meat at high temperature while you keep stirring. (Note: you don't need to add any additional oil for cooking.)
    • Meanwhile, slice the bell pepper and the shallots / onion and prep any other vegetables you want to add (you don't need to cook these, just add raw at the end)
    • If you use pita bread, put it in the oven or toaster
    • Cover the inside of the pita bread / bun with tomato ketchup
    • Add some of the shawarma meat
    • Add some (endive) lettuce / sliced cabbage, shallots / onion, bell pepper, chilli, tomato, carrot, pickled gherkin or whatever vegetables you want
    • Add garlic sauce / tzatziki or whatever on top
    Result:

IMG_0616.jpg IMG_0617.jpg IMG_0619.jpg

Bon appétit! :)

6. Blade

Blade Hopeless case Banrighted Donator

I'm at my university library atm and I'm hungry as a dog. Man I would eat one of those:D....:mad:Thanks @GammaDeltaII for making me more hungrier.......S**t, must go eat... brain failure.....o_O

lifeboy and GammaDeltaII like this.
  7. lifeboy

lifeboy I Will Be Watching You Banrighted Donator

Chicken Biryani
    Chicken (cut into medium size pieces) 500 gm
    Turmeric powder ½ TSP
    Red Chili powder 1 ½ TSP
    Coriander powder 2 TSP
    Salt 1 TSP

Ingredients:-
    Basmati Rice 2 Cups
    Water (to cook rice) 3 Cups
    Curd (dilute the ½ cup curd with half cup water) 1 cup
    Cinnamon 1 stick
    Bay leaf 1 piece
    Red onions (Sliced) 2
    Tomatoes (sliced) 2
    Green Chili 1 or to taste
    Ginger and Garlic Paste 1 TBS
    Cardamom pods 2
    Cloves 2
    Red Chili Powder 1 TSP
    Turmeric Powder ½ TSP
    Garam Masala ½ TSP
    Coriander Powder 1 TSP
    Coriander Leaves 1/2 bunch
    Mint leaves 1/2 bunch
    Kesari powder (optional) 1/8 TSP
    Salt 1 TSP or to taste
    Ghee/ Oil 3 TBS
    Oil (for chicken) 2 TBS
    • Wash the chicken a couple of times and marinate with salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chili powder. Set aside for 30 minutes.
    • Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add marinated chicken then fry for 6 to 7 minutes until the brown spots appear in the chicken. Set aside.
    • Wash rice and drain.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Heat 1 TBS oil/ghee in a pressure cooker, add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom then fry for 30 seconds.
    • Add ginger garlic paste, green chili along with sliced onions and sauté for 2 minutes until onions start to turn brown.
    • Add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves. Sauté for 30 seconds.
    [​IMG]

• Add sliced tomatoes along with chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute for 1 minute and then add drained rice.
    • Add cooked chicken and mix well with other spices.
    • Add water and diluted curd mixture and taste the salt.
    • Mix Kesari powder with 2 tablespoons of water and then add to the Biryani mixture. Stir in slowly.
    • Cook this mixture in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes in low flame up to 3 whistles.
    • Mix well and serve hot with Raita and with some boiled eggs.
    Have Fun!:)

Blade, ROYAL-WARRIOR, Trobon and 3 others like this.
  8. Trobon

Trobon Game Admin Game Admin

I guess something went wrong with your Images. Best is to use JustForJunk to insert Pictures. Copy and paste the Link in your post then.

lifeboy likes this.
  9. lifeboy

yap:D

10. lifeboy

Milk Rice (Kiribath)
    INGREDIENTS:
    2 cups rice
    1½ - 2 cups thick coconut milk
    4 - 4½ cups water
    Salt – to taste

DIRECTIONS:
    Wash the rice and place it in a medium saucepan with water & salt. Bring it to boil in medium heat. Cover the saucepan and cook till the rice is soft and the water is absorbed.
    Do not burn the rice.
    Mix little salt with coconut milk and stir it. When the rice is ready reduce the heat to low and pour the coconut milk into the rice and Mix it well. Simmer the rice and coconut milk mixer till the coconut milk is absorbed and the rice is very soft and creamy.
    Taste for salt.
    Off the heat, and let it cool for 5 mintues.
    Transfer the mixer to a wide shallow dish and flatten down with flat spoon, spatula or with a piece of oil paper. Draw lines on top surface according to the shape (diamond or square) you want and let it cool another 5- 10 minutes, cut it into pieces.
    Note:
    1. The amount of water and coconut milk is depend on the kind of rice you use.
    2. If you can't find coconut milk, of course you can use normal milk.
    3. When you finish flatten down the milk rice on the serving dish, just apply little coconut milk on the top surface. So then the top surface won’t get dry and also it’s bringing you a good taste too.

Enjoy!!! :D

11. GammaDeltaII

Kapsalon
    ("Hairdressing salon")

Has been a while since I last posted a recipe, so here's a new one. It's called 'kapsalon' (Dutch for hairdressing salon), because it was conceived by a hairdresser apparently. Just a fun fact. :) For those who are on a diet, let me warn you: it's quite high in calories. :D

Number of people: 2 (or one hungry Gamma)

Time: don't recall exactly, but probably 1hr tops

Required ingredients:

For the spice mixture, check the shawarma recipe I posted earlier. This recipe is quite similar, but with some extra ingredients.

• 400 g (steakhouse) fries
    • 400 g sliced meat (pork/beef/lamb/chicken/turkey, whatever you prefer)
    • 2 shallots / (red) onion
    • 1 (red) bell pepper
    • 1 chilli / malagueta pepper and/or sambal
    • 1 large carrot
    • 2-3 cloves of garlic
    • ice berg lettuce
    • grated (Gouda) cheese
    • garlic sauce
    • (olive) oil
    Method:
    • Sprinkle the fries with some (olive) oil and bake them in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
    • Meanwhile, mix the spices, chop the garlic and chilli/malagueta pepper and mix with the slices of meat (add some oil and let it marinate if you like). If you want to spice it up, add some sambal (oelek).
    • Preheat a frying pan, add some drops of oil and cook the meat at high temperature for about 5 minutes.
    • Meanwhile, slice the shallots/onion, the bell pepper, the carrot and the ice berg lettuce. For the carrot you can use a grater.
    • Take a sufficiently large oven dish and grease with some drops of oil. Start with the baked fries, add the meat on top and finish with a mixture of the sliced bell pepper, shallots/onion, carrot and ice berg lettuce.
    • Cover the dish with grated (Gouda) cheese and put in the oven (grill) until the cheese has melted.
    • Serve with garlic sauce.
    Result:

IMG_0691.jpg IMG_0692.jpg

Bon appétit!

Based on this recipe.

Rayne, Gisbourne, Blade and 7 others like this.
  12. LaraCroft

LaraCroft Registered

Pasta with zucchini and prawns in cream sauce:
    So you can cook basically any pasta (i used tortellini).
    For sauce first on oil put chopped onions, next add sliced zucchinies and prawns (i fried prawns in other pan a little then just added them). So after that just add (cooking or whipping) cream, let it cook a little and meanwhile add spices (salt, pepper, powdered garlic, parsley, you can use some nutmeg.. sometimes i add a little curcuma also). I usualy put some parmesan in the sauce. That's basically it..simple but very tasty : )

Attached Files:

GammaDeltaII, Rayne, lifeboy and 2 others like this.
  13. LaraCroft

LaraCroft Registered

Also one f* delicious homemade burger with fries. Burger contains:bbq sauce, nacho cheese, regular cheese, caramelised onions, bacon, lettuce, cucumber, tomato and meat of course :p

[​IMG]

BluFish, GammaDeltaII, Rayne and 3 others like this.
  14. Heimdall

Heimdall LMG/Sniper-[No]Skiller

Ok this is not my recipe but I made this a lot of tines now and it is so f.... Delicious :) maybe try it, maybe u like it so here we go

Pesto Caprese Grilled Cheese

[​IMG]

Ingredients
    • bread
    • butter, softened
    • classic basil pesto
    • grated mozzarella cheese
    • sliced garden tomatoes

Instructions
    1. Completely butter one side of each slice of bread.
    2. Then spread pesto on the opposite side of each slice.
    3. Next heat pan or griddle over medium heat.
    4. Place one slice of bread on the griddle buttered side down.
    5. Next layer with fresh grated mozzarella, garden sliced tomatoes, and top with a little more cheese.
    6. Now add the remaining slice of bread, butter side up! Adjust heat as needed, and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
    7. Then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-4 minutes.
    8. Enjoy!

15. Rayne

Rayne Registered

one of my fav :D try adding a bit of cognac too!

LaraCroft and Heimdall like this.
  16. Ezgi (Ctankep)

Ezgi (Ctankep) Registered

Will be usefull when i go to my friends :D i show them my skills of cooking yeah baby :D im a chief with dat recipes.. thanks :3

17. GammaDeltaII

Chef's Cake

Cake recipe from our chef @shujinko. Tried copying the original post to this thread, but that ****** up the order of the posts. Anyway, here it is.

Hey all gamers of JFF,

As the title say, yes we are about to cook!
    I'm a professional cook and I'm very nab with computer stuff so I decided to help in a way that I can.
    Until OR if the ppl in the high levels will want to dedicated a nice corner (or even not) for that we will go a step farther...

For now we start as house wife recipes... and you can cook them while gaming. you know mix the mixture pop in the oven or what ever it is and shoot a bit meanwhile \o/

So I will give a nice and VERY easy cake recipe and you guys can try and even post your own and put a picture of it here so we see it.

So try this one out: (no need for balance board as well xD) oven at 160-170*c
    -1 ladle yoghurt
    -1 ladle oil (canola/corn/sunflower)
    -1 ladle milk
    2 eggs
    2-3 spoons of sesame past (optional but make the difference)
    Now mix well till incorporate and add-
    1 of baking powder
    -1 ladle sugar
    -3 ladle flour
    Mix well for a minute and pour into a plum cake mould and put in the oven for 30-35 min till a toothpick come out almost completely dry (humid better xD)

It's ok even to throw all together and mix...

Enjoy it!!! Hope it will impress some ppl that you like d:)b

cake.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Gabs, lifeboy, Trobon and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ezgi (Ctankep)

Thanks but im doing better stuff :3 :D but Try it people :D

and btw is that a Green Tea ?

19. GammaDeltaII

Ouch, @shujinko, I wouldn't tolerate this :eek::D

But have you seen his other creations?

KonZone and Rayne like this.
  20. Ezgi (Ctankep)

i might me NOt a GOOD CHIEF but im still the best cooker Around the people i know. ^^

Yes ihave seen it. im trying them.