• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

COD4 1.8 on server #3

Thunder

Community Leader
Community Leader
Donator
Hello everyone.

Due to a bug which allow crashing clients on our server. I have upgraded the server to 1.8

I dont like it either; but we have to deal with it.

Screenshots to detect hackers will be made avaible later on. (since 1.8 has this feature we better use it)

Kind Regards,
Thunder

dOber

never sOber
Game Admin
Donator
can mac users still play if the abort the installation?
As you know, I'm familiar with mac related issues:p

And as we have largely discussed before, mac users cant update to 1.8. But they can run windows 10 ! (unless they have really old mac like I had)
It's simple installation via Bootcamp and then they can switch between macOs and Windows and play cod on windows with all the necessary updates. I don't see any other solutions...

all informations about the trick here >>https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

Last edited:

Greg2bet

Registered
Donator
As you know, I'm familiar with mac related issues:p

And as we have largely discussed before, mac users cant update to 1.8. But they can run windows 10 ! (unless they have really old mac like I had)
It's simple installation via Bootcamp and then they can switch between macOs and Windows and play cod on windows with all the necessary updates. I don't see any other solutions...

all informations about the trick here >>https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468
Doesn’t work on my old Mac unfortunately...

kVN#

#4iS
Kickrighted
Warteam Member
Donator
@Ultranationalist catch me on pm.He have problem when join on server.He cant join with his name and he lost rank on server
Any info?

For stats reset due to 1.8

1) Open Regedit from the start menu. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/Activision/Call Of Duty 4'

2) Look for the 'codkey' value.

(If you do not have it, create it (You want to create 'string value' if doing this) and enter in the cod4 cd key you use ingame. If you do this, this should fix the issue and your stats should be back to normal.)

3) If you see the 'codkey' value Right click on it and select modify. You should see that the cd key listed isnt the same as the one you have ingame.

4) Open your cod4 and replace the value in 'codkey' with your ingame cd key. Close and reopen cod4. You should now find that your stats are back

As for the name, go ingame and type

\name idkhowtochangename

\reconnect

If you use steam, change your steam name.

Not beeing able to change name is a feature added in 1.8 to combat Namechangers.

Vlado

Give respect,get respect
Game Admin
Donator
For stats reset due to 1.8

1) Open Regedit from the start menu. Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/Activision/Call Of Duty 4'

2) Look for the 'codkey' value.

(If you do not have it, create it (You want to create 'string value' if doing this) and enter in the cod4 cd key you use ingame. If you do this, this should fix the issue and your stats should be back to normal.)

3) If you see the 'codkey' value Right click on it and select modify. You should see that the cd key listed isnt the same as the one you have ingame.

4) Open your cod4 and replace the value in 'codkey' with your ingame cd key. Close and reopen cod4. You should now find that your stats are back

As for the name, go ingame and type

\name idkhowtochangename

\reconnect

If you use steam, change your steam name.

Not beeing able to change name is a feature added in 1.8 to combat Namechangers.
Thanks,will info hin

the MINION

Im not a MINION, im a yellow Tic Tac
Game Admin
Warteam Member
Yeah and this sux
Have to leave whole game and join then again, that my name changes. Only disconnect, change name, reconnect doesnt work.

KonZone

Game Admin
Game Admin
Warteam Member
can mac users still play if they abort the installation?
Abort doesn't really cancel the installation, it just doesn't save the mod after you quit the game.

Though it will still have the same profile saved as you did the first time you joined a 1.8 server, meaning:
You joined 1.8 but cancelled the installation -> played without 1.8 and made changes to your config -> joined 1.8 again at a later date and your config will be the same as the first time you played 1.8. This is why people say it messes up your config.