1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty 2 Nights & NEW Rotation and Settings! #COD2RevivalProject2.0

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 2 : Discussion' started by Guarnere, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

Well, that little experiment failed > when we decided to let suarez become a member! So, ill just ban this sucker and let G-man do his thing in peace.

Yabwon, Guarnere, lifeboy and 3 others like this.
  2. Ardens

Ardens G-Rated Justice Senior Admin

At this point, forum drama is like a little comedic act. If you let it phase you, then please reevaluate what exactly you're dealing with (usually children).

Progress on the server has been decent, we have gotten many old and new players to return. However, even with a small amount of players, it isn't extremely difficult to push the server into the top 100 in rank. Now that we're in the 80's, subtle changes should show a difference more than they would've in the past. I am not a huge fan of custom maps, there are only a few in general that I would consider acceptable to include. We will keep the snow and dust effects on, as well as the fire. I will completely revise the rotation tonight, reducing some of the custom maps and including more original ones. We may also tweak the game settings (timers, etc.) slightly to make rounds more competitive (Will discuss with @Guarnere). I would like to see some more participation from members from other sections though, we have seen a few here and there but I was hoping for a more collective effort, even if you don't like the game as much (at least spectate).

I'm going to delete the salt mine above so we can keep this thread open and less cluttered for more discussion on the cod2 server.

3. Guarnere

Guarnere Kickrighted Kickrighted

Sounds like a great plan @Ardens!

4. Guarnere

Guys, we really need the community effort growing again. The past week has been really miserable for the server. Please help the COD2 section out and try to play during the specified COD2 nights. I can't join tonight, but that doesn't mean that none of all the other 69 members can join tonight either. If we don't keep up, all the hard work will be lost, and we are going that direction now already.

5. SuArEz

SuArEz Registered

( Incompetence in management. It is also proof that your insults are still in the forums. )

Anyway, Server returned to old rank. I guess Guarnere and Ardens's fun is over. Thunder, will you restore old settings?

6. ElementX

ElementX Braindead Game Admin

you are like a freaking bad dream man. Tell me pls, how miserable is your life? That you do not have anything better to do then to come back for the 3rd time and do the same old sad crap you did before. Have you tried reading a book? Going out while the sun shines? I just saw a really bad horror movie and you are scaring me, ill tell you that! You are freaking me out right now. Are the stuffed animals around you just for decor or did you give them names?

Guarnere, lifeboy, redzYe and 4 others like this.
  7. SeaSerpent13

SeaSerpent13 Senior Admin Senior Admin

I cant believe I missed all this juicy drama, guess i didn't expect to see it in a revitalization thread. Ohhhhhh this is my favorite part

Guarnere, redzYe, OTe and 1 other person like this.
  8. Shaikan

Shaikan FAPRighted Member

same here :<
    i like dramas ;_;

9. Guarnere

Oh haha, I just noticed this. It's true that the server has gone down again though, but that happened especially after new settings 2 weeks ago and a new rotation, it did not happen during the first set of changes. Most importantly though, the community effort is really missing now. After our first little success, it's time to analyze, and I'm especially asking this to JFF members:

Why guys? Too boring? Busy with exams/work? Not the best time of the year to revive the server? Not having the guts to install COD2 and at least spectate? Again, I can't do this alone and I can't join every COD2 night myself either.

Let us know!

Guarnere

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    lifeboy, OTe and ElementX like this.
  10. OTe

OTe WaW Section Game Admin Donator

First of all, I would like to point out that I rarely connect to the server, but I'm just spectator at it. I eg. just play from nostalgia cod2 and rarely, and even if I play, I prefer eXtreme servers because I like cod4 mods. The other reason I'm not cod2 is that my choice of game is cod5, which, with a little exaggeration, can be considered a tuning cod2. Well, tbh. the cod2 is no longer as enjoyable to me as it used to be.

11. redzYe

redzYe I'm like Bond! Kickrighted Donator

I would like to apologize for not helping you guys. But I won't be playing Cod2.

I only play like twice a week..,you know. Family, work...and if I actually am able to play, I will play a game I like ;)

I still wish you luck with reviving and would like to thank you for your great work.

Guarnere, OTe and ElementX like this.
  12. Guarnere

More JFF member opinions?

Would you guys be willing to join, or at least spectate, if we'd organize 'COD2 nights' less frequently, e.g. just once a week on a Saturday or something, or even less frequent where it kind of becomes a special event where we all try to boost the server in one night?

Right now the server has very few custom maps, I personally like them a lot and I don't think we should be too hesitant about adding them, while all other server settings stay like the original COD. What do you guys think about custom maps?