• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Black Ops 4 Opinions

Andreasix

Andreasix
Donator
Hi everyone.

What are your thoughts on the new black ops 4 ? It was revealed today.

So apparently we're not getting Singleplayer anymore since it's been replaced by a Battle Royale type gameplay, which was leaked a long time ago same as the fact that SP was going to go away but tbh I didnt really believe those two things but it turned out that they were indeed true. Personally, I'm only excited for zombies and perhaps a bit curious how are they going to deliver the battle royale experience to Call of Duty franchise but for MP, as far as it looks from this trailer it seems like a re-skinned BO3 ... quite disappointed so far but we shall wait and see its launch

Also, something quite interesting is that BO4 will be released on Battle Net and not Steam anymore, I really do enjoy Battle Net, since I play Overwatch and I'm a big World of Warcraft veteran so I do like this idea, however now with steamcharts gone we won't be able to see how poorly the game will do like each year , or perhaps not JUST FOR THE MEMES.

Overall I'd say im curios of this game but in no way am I thrilled with emotions or anything like that. I liked WW2 last year but for me MW3 in 2011 was the last cod I spent hundred of hours playing. Others, pretty much just completed the campaign and a few MP hours.

What do you think ?

ElementX

Braindead
Game Admin
Im reminded of recycling process here. Consumers produce a lot of trash during their life, and that trash is collected and sorted. Lets take paper for example, you gather all kinds of paper products and mix it, grind it, basically process the crap out of it until you get this ugly mass of colors and odors. You then add some paint and perfume to make that pile presentable again. Basically you get a new form of paper, for all kinds of purposes. To most people that paper will look brand new, it will have that new paper smell, smooth to the touch. You will probaly enjoy some of the benefits that a brand new paper offers, even though its been processed for god knows how many times/years. Others will see that new piece of paper for what it really is > a processed trash. And no amount of paint and perfume will change that fact.

REM

REMember
Game Admin
Donator
Im reminded of recycling process here. Consumers produce a lot of trash during their life, and that trash is collected and sorted. Lets take paper for example, you gather all kinds of paper products and mix it, grind it, basically process the crap out of it until you get this ugly mass of colors and odors. You then add some paint and perfume to make that pile presentable again. Basically you get a new form of paper, for all kinds of purposes. To most people that paper will look brand new, it will have that new paper smell, smooth to the touch. You will probaly enjoy some of the benefits that a brand new paper offers, even though its been processed for god knows how many times/years. Others will see that new piece of paper for what it really is > a processed trash. And no amount of paint and perfume will change that fact.
Could have not said it better myself. This looks like black ops 3.5. The scopes, the way you hold the guns, everything screams black ops 3. Every single killstreak and gadget looks like it will make me throw my pc out the window if I ever died by it. Seems everyone had some kind of wallhack, grenades split into multiple grenades... clever.

Last new cod I truly got into was advanced warefare, tried bo3 didn't like it, tried the others and still didn't like it so I'm doubtful I'll like this one. Based of the trailer I'm going I assume I won't.

Could care less about the single player really, they are fun, but you play it one time and never again so no big deal to me. Ww2 single player was garbage so I doubt they would make a better one especially with the shift back to futuristic time.

Game looks so chaotic, too many killstreaks and gadgets for my liking, I'll stick with cod4.

That face though - 1526605444894.png

Last edited:

SeaSerpent13

Retired
Retired Admin
Pretty sure they changed their development plan half way through, and were forced to ditch the SP and as a alternative quickly modify the BO3 engine into a new game. Cause I agree, when I watched the reveal, the game looked like BO3, or call of duty is just took a **** idk which.

Btw, I don't think reusing the same engine is a bad thing, i.e. Cod4 and Cod5 are literally C&P of each other, but I didn't like how BO3 ran or felt.

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Game Admin
Warteam Member
I honestly never seen anyone in my steam list play any cod newer than mw2. Thought this releases whould only tickle console peasants buttholes.

Noone plays single player anyways. Massive waste of hard drive space.

Andreasix

Andreasix
Donator
I did play campaigns at least to test out the game before buying it. I think SP was a core part of the cod franchise but the newer campaigns just suck ! For me the last decent one was CoD Ghosts back in 2013. I liked WW2 sp actually, cuz in general i like ww2 style and feel but i do agree that it could have been much better. They seem to have the same thinking as EA that SP games are dying which is so not true that it makes me wanna cry. I think it would be better if they communicated better and stop pressuming what we what and what we dont.

REM

REMember
Game Admin
Donator

The BR game mode actually doesn't sound that bad. Goin to have vehicles and a map 1500x bigger then nuketown that will be sorta stiched together from past black ops maps so just one big map made of all the normal maps..

KonZone

Game Admin
Game Admin
Warteam Member
I did play campaigns at least to test out the game before buying it. I think SP was a core part of the cod franchise but the newer campaigns just suck ! For me the last decent one was CoD Ghosts back in 2013. I liked WW2 sp actually, cuz in general i like ww2 style and feel but i do agree that it could have been much better. They seem to have the same thinking as EA that SP games are dying which is so not true that it makes me wanna cry. I think it would be better if they communicated better and stop pressuming what we what and what we dont.
Man, BO1 was the good stuff! "The numbers Mason, what do they mean?" The plot twist was pretty dope.