• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Admin Meeting 2018.03.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTe

WaW Section
Game Admin
Donator
I think it is important for everyone to clarify in themselves why he has joined this community. - And here, I make a little detour. When I started dealing with the online FPS game, 7 years ago, it was just a year since I had ended a 13-year heroin addiction. It was obvious to me, that I had to spend a huge void in myself, I want some meaningful content. It was a hard journey for me to realize that I needed a community for all of this.- Something tingling began to seize on to when I found JFF. After a while, I thought I was writing an application for membership, maybe will be my success. And boom, everything started. Frankly, I was very proud of being part of the coveted clan. It was a great joy to me, and I tried doing everything right so that the others could be proud of me! After a relatively short time, I received a promotion and I was very grateful for that, so I felt that others saw it, I tried to hard working. Then a little time passed again and I got another promotion and I felt that I wanted to do more for the community then because I can express my gratitude for the trust I received. Then, it seemed longer, the time which passed, and I would lie if I said I did not want to be an admin, but I knew this was the way to work quietly here, and I will try to do more. And yes, was time, when I felt I gave up, but I always noticed that I was still doing my job, this was a new addiction to me. The my hope, faith and desire never died! And a nice day, the others so seen that here time, to give me a new promotion. And since then I've been trying to invest more energy so I can do my job better here and try to learn the things I can do even better.
Before chang the your names colour, think about whether you have more time, energy, dedication to the clan, or there is something else you can do for the community.
And hey! It does not matter, if you are a member, KR or BR in the community. We can see if someone is working hard here, and we are all grateful for that, even if we do not say that personally to everyone!

If you have a desire to become more, never give up!!!

[jc]VanDamme

Banrighted
Banrighted
Wow, just wow! Very heartfelt OTe, that should put things into perspective for people!

OTe is my man, what a guy! (No sarcasm intended, genuine!)

I hope you continue on your goodpath, and hopefully us at JFF can help, I am always available for a chat about nothing and about serious business (JCVD memes excluded :p )! BUT I will always pwned you in CoD, get used to that! :D

St. Anger

Slaprighted
Off-topic but I had to.
@OTe I admire your courage to come forward on that matter and letting everyone know what you've been through.
I've had a problem too, maybe two years ago, maybe even more, but it was alcohol, and then it went on to amphetamines and such crap, the one that goes in through your nose I mean. Went to a psychiatrist, had a few talking sessions, but still, that's ****, if you can't help yourself to live without that, you can't. Now I work at a nightclub as a bartender, a guy with alcohol and drug problems, the irony of it.
On-topic...
I've been a member of JFF almost 5 years now, to be quite honest, I didn't expect when I come back from inactivity I would get BR soon enough, not until I put some hard work into it, but I have got it and I'm grateful. I've had this talk with @ElementX when I started playing again, and I remember even telling him that the rank doesn't matter, as long as I am in the community, if he remembers because I sure do. But I also told him that it's a lot easier having some privileges, I won't argue about that, but guys, relax, take your time, put in the work, and you'll get what you deserve, just be patient. ****, a long time ago, I used to do @Trobon and @Sammy ban requests, check it out on the WoS, and now they're admins, all because of the hard work. Don't complain, just keep it up.

All my love boys,
St. Anger

GammaDeltaII

RiddleBox
Senior Admin
I must admit, the good old JFF drama made me feel the urge to play some CoD4 for the first time in months. In fact, I got so carried away I set a new map spree record in the process :D

On a more serious note, I sense a lot of JFF members feel the need to vent every once in a while. Why not have regular member meetings to do so? (Here.) I think it's more healthy to express any frustrations, annoyances and other things that may be bothering you right away, rather than letting the tension build up below the surface until it erupts into another drama.

This is a classic JFF drama really. A poor choice of words uncorked a bottle of unexpressed thoughts and feelings and people immediately feel stepped on their toes and start overreacting. Just relax and don't take everything so seriously. Remember to have fun! That's what this community is all about :)

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
I must admit, the good old JFF drama made me feel the urge to play some CoD4 for the first time in months. In fact, I got so carried away I set a new map spree record in the process :D

On a more serious note, I sense a lot of JFF members feel the need to vent every once in a while. Why not have regular member meetings to do so? (Here.) I think it's more healthy to express any frustrations, annoyances and other things that may be bothering you right away, rather than letting the tension build up below the surface until it erupts into another drama.

This is a classic JFF drama really. A poor choice of words uncorked a bottle of unexpressed thoughts and feelings and people immediately feel stepped on their toes and start overreacting. Just relax and don't take everything so seriously. Remember to have fun! That's what this community is all about :)
If only every senior admin could defuse a drama like you just did.

SeaSerpent13

Retired
Senior Admin
And then there is this kind of Senior Admin.

I dont want to offend you but you are proving Sierras point.
//edit: This is a main reason i quit.
The point that he wasn’t promoted? Yea he proved his own point by throwing a tantrum about promotions to the point he will never be promoted. I call **** as it is and sorry I don’t care about virtual ranks like y’all do. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.