• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2 Screens and performance problem.

el-cuxillito

Naderman
Banrighted
Hey guys I got a problem with my laptop.

When I try to connect a second screen and I extend them the performance goes down and the laptop start to lag.
If I duplicate the screen, there is no problem, everything goes fine.

Laptop:
MSI GE 70 2QE Apache pro.
I7 4720HQ
8Gb RAM
1 TB HDD (free 240GB)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 2Gb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hybrid

#4iS, 4.5 inches on good days.
Warteam Member
Hey guys I got a problem with my laptop.

When I try to connect a second screen and I extend them the performance goes down and the laptop start to lag.
If I duplicate the screen, there is no problem, everything goes fine.

Laptop:
MSI GE 70 2QE Apache pro.
I7 4720HQ
8Gb RAM
1 TB HDD (free 240GB)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 2Gb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
How much Vram does that occupy?

Hybrid

Warteam Member
Are you sure that the memory graph there doesnt represent the ram?
Show me the value you see on the buttom here:
2018.12.16-17.23.png

Hybrid

Warteam Member
I thought that the VRAM might not be sufficient since your GPU only has 2Gb.
None of these pictures show the the value i was looking for.

in GPU-Z open the sensors tab. There is a value called 'Memory Usage (Dedicated)'. Thats the occupied Vram

el-cuxillito

Naderman
Banrighted
I thought that the VRAM might not be sufficient since your GPU only has 2Gb.
None of these pictures show the the value i was looking for.

in GPU-Z open the sensors tab. There is a value called 'Memory Usage (Dedicated)'. Thats the occupied Vram
I saw that later, changed the pictures before.
It's 0 in both cases.

Hybrid

Warteam Member
Id install the latest gpu drivers and check again. You might even need a bios update.

2GB of vram can be enough for 2 Displays but there is definetly something wrong with your system if gpu-z cant see the occupied vram

el-cuxillito

Naderman
Banrighted
Id install the latest gpu drivers and check again. You might even need a bios update.

2GB of vram can be enough for 2 Displays but there is definetly something wrong with your system if gpu-z cant see the occupied vram
The latest gpu drivers got updated yesterday. For the BIOS I will check to do it

el-cuxillito

Naderman
Banrighted

I already had the latest update for my BIOS.
But seem a little bit wierd, I have an update which on the MSI support doesnt exist.
I have E1759IMS.80C, but on the web page is just the E1759IMS.52D
Should I downgrade? or what should I do?

REM

REMember
Banrighted
Donator

dOber

never sOber
Donator
hey @el-cuxillito , i kinda have a similar issue to yours. (MSI GL 63 - I5 8300 - 16 ram - gtx 1060 6go)
If i choose to only put the display on the monitor, it lags. If i duplicate or extend the screens, it works fine. Although i had to check every settings in the nvidia control panel so that games dont lag. But the difference with you is that my pc has a chipset+gpu, so that it dedicates the chipset to the laptop and the gpu to the monitor. Have you checked the display preference/3d settings in the nvidia control panel ?

el-cuxillito

Naderman
Banrighted
hey @el-cuxillito , i kinda have a similar issue to yours. (MSI GL 63 - I5 8300 - 16 ram - gtx 1060 6go)
If i choose to only put the display on the monitor, it lags. If i duplicate or extend the screens, it works fine. Although i had to check every settings in the nvidia control panel so that games dont lag. But the difference with you is that my pc has a chipset+gpu, so that it dedicates the chipset to the laptop and the gpu to the monitor. Have you checked the display preference/3d settings in the nvidia control panel ?
Ye already checked, I have everything updated or reinstalled. The only thing which I didn't try yet, it's to reinstall windows. And I don't want ATM do it. I want to install the windows 10 but I'm too lazy to make everything (make a copy of all my files, make a clean install, install all the drivers and things again, put back all my files...). XD